CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have 10.13.3 installed on an OWC Mercury Extreme SSD, but it will boot only using internal graphics. I've tried multiple edits to the config.list, and adding what I believe are the correct kexts into the correct EFI folder, but I'm stumped. This is my second build. This config ran the latest Sierra beautifully.

Mobo: Giga Z77X-UP5 TH
CPU: i7-3770k 3.5 ghz
32 GB RAM
Current Windows 10 on a separate SSD.

My third build, a Skylake desktop shown in my profile at left, runs 10.13.3 as well as my MacBook Pro.

Help would be very much appreciated.

I have 10.13.3 installed on an OWC Mercury Extreme SSD, but it will boot only using internal graphics. I've tried multiple edits to the config.list, and adding what I believe are the correct kexts into the correct EFI folder, but I'm stumped. This is my second build. This config ran the latest Sierra beautifully.

Mobo: Giga Z77X-UP5 TH
CPU: i7-3770k 3.5 ghz
32 GB RAM
Current Windows 10 on a separate SSD.

My third build, a Skylake desktop shown in my profile at left, runs 10.13.3 as well as my MacBook Pro.

Help would be very much appreciated.

What flags are you booting with? You will want to boot with internal graphics at first and use nv_disable=1

After booting, download and install the nvidia web drivers and remove the nv_disable=1 flag before rebooting.

What flags are you booting with? You will want to boot with internal graphics at first and use nv_disable=1

After booting, download and install the nvidia web drivers and remove the nv_disable=1 flag before rebooting.

Thanks for the reply. I've tried that but have not been successful. Boot runs about halfway, then I see the spinning wheel, which runs for quite a while but ultimately stops. In verbose mode, I see these lines, which begin at CS[1] and go on into the [230s] before quitting.

Attachments

• checkKeybagUUID.JPG
    checkKeybagUUID.JPG
    354.2 KB · Views: 50
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back