Graphics
Intel HD 3000
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I've just installed Windows onto a new partition on the same SSD drive I had OS X worked on perfectly. I followed the instructions at Tony's blog post on multibooting off the same drive, except I had the OS X partition installed first.

The Windows install went fine and I can boot into it. However, I can't boot into OS X to run the terminal commands in step 4 of the OP. If I boot off the SSD, I go straight to Windows without the Chameleon choice of boot partition. If I boot off iBoot, I get the choice of boot partition but when I select my 'Mac' partition it goes to the Apple logo startup screen but gets permanently stuck there.

Any help much appreciated! Would be nice to have my Mac partition back :S

oddly enough I just did the exact same thing last night, lol. I've been searching for ways to force a chimera/chameleon load via usb and then manually selecting the Lion partition. My plan was then to run MultiBeast to patch it up...I haven't found a way with Lion thus far... glad you started a post

I was able to load an old iBoot cd I had and saw the Lion partition, but it crashed upon selection of the partition (as expected). I also made an rBoot cd at some point recently, but it hangs, and then windows loads (selecting boot from cd of course).

any help would be appreciated before starting from scratch..thanks in advance

tog said:
I've just installed Windows onto a new partition on the same SSD drive I had OS X worked on perfectly. I followed the instructions at Tony's blog post on multibooting off the same drive, except I had the OS X partition installed first.

The Windows install went fine and I can boot into it. However, I can't boot into OS X to run the terminal commands in step 4 of the OP. If I boot off the SSD, I go straight to Windows without the Chameleon choice of boot partition. If I boot off iBoot, I get the choice of boot partition but when I select my 'Mac' partition it goes to the Apple logo startup screen but gets permanently stuck there.

Any help much appreciated! Would be nice to have my Mac partition back :S
It says right here http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2009/11/ ... -snow.html that step 4 is not necessary anymore.
UPDATE: The latest MultiBeast will take care of choosing boot0hfs instead of boot0 to automatically boot from hfs partition, even if it's inactive.
All you have to do is boot with rBoot, not iBoot and reinstall Chimera with MultiBeast or stand alone installer.

Going Bald said:
It says right here http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2009/11/ ... -snow.html that step 4 is not necessary anymore.
UPDATE: The latest MultiBeast will take care of choosing boot0hfs instead of boot0 to automatically boot from hfs partition, even if it's inactive.
All you have to do is boot with rBoot, not iBoot and reinstall Chimera with MultiBeast or stand alone installer.

heh, touché my friend, touché.

re-burned rBoot, tried again, worked like a charm. reinstalled Chimera via MultiBeast. Solved for me, appreciate the help :)

Thanks for the pointer to rBoot. I actually fixed this myself by running a program called easybcd in Windows, which set up an alternative boot menu on the Windows partition which lets me boot into Windows or Mac. Presumably there's actually no disadvantage to using this rather than Chimera on the Mac partition? I may just leave it rather than switching the Mac/Chimera partition back to default...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back