Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI Z370 Gaming Plus
CPU
i5-8600K
Graphics
GTX 1070 Ti
hi all, last night I tried to make a hackintosh for my first time, which didn't go so well, as now when I try to boot into windows 10, it just says reboot and select proper device. Now, on disk utility on high Sierra, I can see that its not been wiped, but has been renamed to 'disk0s2'.

If anybody could help I'd highly appreciate it, thank you in advance!

hi all, last night I tried to make a hackintosh for my first time, which didn't go so well, as now when I try to boot into windows 10, it just says reboot and select proper device. Now, on disk utility on high Sierra, I can see that its not been wiped, but has been renamed to 'disk0s2'.

If anybody could help I'd highly appreciate it, thank you in advance!
What procedure did you use? Same drive or separate drives?
open terminal in HS, run diskutil list and post screen shot of result

slightly off-topic, but having a similar problem on my x58 rig, I thought I ask: Do you, by any chance, use OpenCore already, GB? If so, do you also use Windows? I had the problem, that Windows wouldn't boot due to ACPI errors (thought I resolved that, seemed it had a problem with the external DTPG method, but then OS X would freeze 1-2mins after bootup). Anyway now I'm getting inaccessible boot device, but the net result is the same: BSOD in cahoots with OC. With Clover it just boots fine. I haven't tried NDK and after looking at the version history I now don't even intend to. If you're on OC, could I have a look at your EFI-Folder?

EDIT: Ok, seems I'm still at the ACPI Error with Windows

Last edited:
slightly off-topic, but having a similar problem on my x58 rig, I thought I ask: Do you, by any chance, use OpenCore already, GB? If so, do you also use Windows? I had the problem, that Windows wouldn't boot due to ACPI errors (thought I resolved that, seemed it had a problem with the external DTPG method, but then OS X would freeze 1-2mins after bootup). Anyway now I'm getting inaccessible boot device, but the net result is the same: BSOD in cahoots with OC. With Clover it just boots fine. I haven't tried NDK and after looking at the version history I now don't even intend to. If you're on OC, could I have a look at your EFI-Folder?

EDIT: Ok, seems I'm still at the ACPI Error with Windows
I am using OC on some of my builds, but have not tried it with the X58 yet. Been too busy lately with work around the property and repairs (replacing the downstairs HVAC unit, new roof)/painting of the house (once complete need to replace the upstairs carpet) and other projects. Computer play has taken a back seat to other things I need to accomplish this year, but I may get a break by December.

I am using OC on some of my builds, but have not tried it with the X58 yet. Been too busy lately with work around the property and repairs (replacing the downstairs HVAC unit, new roof)/painting of the house (once complete need to replace the upstairs carpet) and other projects. Computer play has taken a back seat to other things I need to accomplish this year, but I may get a break by December.

Glad to hear it, can't wait. And good luck with your house until then. Btw, I figured out a DSDT that works for both, Windows and OS X. I haven't run further tests as of now (it's getting late and I'm kinda happy that it works at all), but my suspicion is, that Windows doesn't like any property injection done by SSDT/DSDT. If my suspicion's correct (should you run into the same troubles) you'd at least have something to work with. And I have to continue tinkering during my free time, cause without property injection some of my Thunderbolt functions should be toast, I guess (not even talking about the cosmetic aspect I used to love).

Glad to hear it, can't wait. And good luck with your house until then. Btw, I figured out a DSDT that works for both, Windows and OS X. I haven't run further tests as of now (it's getting late and I'm kinda happy that it works at all), but my suspicion is, that Windows doesn't like any property injection done by SSDT/DSDT. If my suspicion's correct (should you run into the same troubles) you'd at least have something to work with. And I have to continue tinkering during my free time, cause without property injection some of my Thunderbolt functions should be toast, I guess (not even talking about the cosmetic aspect I used to love).
I extracted my DSDT and edited it using the guide by d00d on insanely. It works with Snow Leopard to Mojave and Windows 7 and 10 with no problems. I am using it along with a SSDT for the RX580 power management. See attached. If your model is the rev.1 same as mine you could probably use FileMerge to compare yours and mine and edit yours to match where it is different and relevant. Or you could extract a fresh DSDT and follow the guide and then compare. The RX580 SSDT came from toleda IIRC.

Attachments

• X58A.zip
    7.9 KB · Views: 83
I extracted my DSDT and edited it using the guide by d00d on insanely. It works with Snow Leopard to Mojave and Windows 7 and 10 with no problems. I am using it along with a SSDT for the RX580 power management. See attached. If your model is the rev.1 same as mine you could probably use FileMerge to compare yours and mine and edit yours to match where it is different and relevant. Or you could extract a fresh DSDT and follow the guide and then compare. The RX580 SSDT came from toleda IIRC.

I have rev.2 and a slightly different DSDT (not by much really). At first glance my CORP device is named MATH, TMR - TIMR and EHC1/EHC2 - EH01/EH02, but your LPCB device contains more info about detailed properties, whereas mine only the "compatible" property. Tried yours and it got rejected (with OC at least). Again, I think it's got to do with property injection, but I can't be sure, as of now. Still waiting for weekend :yawn:

Look at d00d's guide - rev2 board DSDT edits are different from rev.1 board.

hi, I'm sorry for the extremley late reply. I used a seperate disk to my Windows disk.
Screenshot at Oct 04 20-23-33.png

Are all of these drives SATA or some of them NVME?
Boot the Win10 installer, hit shift+F10 at the drive to install select screen to open a command window and type followed by the enter key:

diskpart
list disk

take a pic of the resulting screen and post it.

Can you boot to Win10 if you select disk0 as the boot drive from BIOS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back