Contribute
Register

Can't boot into windows 7 (OS X El Capitan)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Designare Z390
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
rx 5700xt
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Asus Z170P
i3-6100
GTX 950
Sandisk Ultra II SSD 240gb (OSX)
Seagate 1TB drive (bootable clone of OS X partition)
Sandisk Plus SSD 120gb (ideally, for windows..)

Hey guys,

So I got my el capitan hackintosh to work flawlessly (thanks to all the guides !), however, I am having lots of trouble getting windows to work on my build.

I wasn't able to create an install USB from my hackintosh, I had to use my macbook pro. I first tried with windows 10. Everything seemed to work, I got it running on a 2nd SSD, but I had so many problems and the system kept freezing up and never let me install any software / drivers - it was hell, so I erased the partition and I decided to stick with windows 7.

I created the windows 7 install usb on my macbook once more, and this time when I tried to boot from it on my hackintosh I was unable to. My BIOS just resets every time I choose one of the partitions on the flash drive, and when I boot to the flash drive from clover, I am left with a black screen and a ticking white cursor - thats it.

I figured i'd simply clone my macbook pro's bootcamp partition. I cloned it onto the SSD on which I wanted windows, and I end up with an error message when trying to boot from it (both from clover and from the BIOS): 0xc0000225, along with the suggestions to repair my installation with a disk / USB, which of course doesn't work..

Any suggestions?

Ideally, i'd want to have windows 7 running on my hackintosh, ideally, being cloned from my bootcamp partition on my mac since it already has all the programs installed and configured properly.

:crazy::crazy:

Thanks

Thanks for your reply,

I did get windows 10 to work. My issue is with windows 7. It stays stuck on a black screen with a white cursor.

Thanks for your reply,

I did get windows 10 to work. My issue is with windows 7. It stays stuck on a black screen with a white cursor.
You may or may not have install media capable of installing Win7 in UEFI mode - depends on how old it is. The original install DVDs were Legacy boot mode only. With the Win7 install media in the machine, boot up and hit the Function key that allows you to select a boot device. Look at the list - is Win7 install media listed once or twice? If twice, select the one with UEFI in front of it and boot it. This installs Win7 UEFI mode and Clover can boot it.

I am using a USB flash drive with a windows 7 installation media. I do see two options in the BIOS, however when I select the UEFI, it flashes back and returns to the BIOS

I am using a USB flash drive with a windows 7 installation media. I do see two options in the BIOS, however when I select the UEFI, it flashes back and returns to the BIOS
Then you do not have the UEFI installer - you only have the Legacy Mode installer.
Suggest you use the Microsoft Media creator tool and rebuild your USB installer.

Alternative is to install Clover in Legacy Mode so it will be able to boot Win10 Legacy Mode. System will be somewhat slower on the boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back