Graphics
ATI 5770
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
This is the exact error I get..." acpi_smc_platformPlugin::start - waitForService(resourceMatching(AppleIntelCpuPowerManagement) timed out " I formatted the drive in windows and tried to reinstall again but now it wont even let me do that and gives the same error.

I also noticed that a portion of the screen is off on my monitor under iboot boot screen as well as all the scripts that run under verbos (-v) mode.. I believe this is a graphics issue but I have been running SL and have installed it many times on this same system. I just messed up my update on SL so I'm stuck having to reinstall it. I've never had these issues before with booting into SL or this iboot issue with the monitor. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks Eric

Just here to say I'm having the same issue. I had installed SL successfully and gotten to the point of running the combo update (after running update helper), and the update failed (froze and made me restart). Now I cannot boot OSX. I'll admit I don't have a great deal, or really any, expertise with this so if I need to give more information let me know. I am getting the exact same error, though.

After three days of messing with this computer I finally have it running Lion. It was a nonstop struggle for sure.

Try running this at iBoot: -v GraphicsEnabler=No and if that doesn't work try those with the addition of PCIRootUID=1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back