i7 6700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I've deleted Font Book (because I want to use a different font manager) and then tried to boot into Safe Mode using the -x flag. This resets the Font Book database.

However, my computer won't boot into Safe Mode. I'm attaching a picture I took with my iPhone of where it got stuck (I used the -v flag also).

Is there another flag I need to use in addition to -v -x? (I already tried -f).

Thanks in advance for all help.

Attachments

• photo (1).JPG
    photo (1).JPG
    575.5 KB · Views: 160
I do have a PCI Firewire card and a AMD 6850 graphics card...could this be messing up the Safe Boot procedure somehow?

I just tried adding boot flags as follows, but no joy:

-v -x rd=disk2s2

Did you ever figure out how to do this? I want to delete the database also.

No. Stork (one of the mods) has a similar build to mine and is looking into why we can't boot into safe mode. When there is a solution I'll post back here. I contacted Kurt Lang who wrote one of the best web pages on OS X font management and he said that it's a real pain to delete the database in Lion. So I'm hoping that we find a way to boot into safe mode.

Just an update if anyone else stumbles upon the font issue I had. I was about to reinstall the operating system, but found out that if I migrated a backup of my user folder that the new migrated user account didn't have the font issue. Looks like the database was erased that way. Also remember to change the name of your home folder. It wont work if its the same name.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back