Contribute
Register

Can't boot into Mojave after installation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just skimmed through a few pages on that thread. Is it just me or there's no solution yet? This is quite annoying...
What have Apple changed for it to stop working properly anyway?
So far no solution for glitches from GTX 660. Those who want a PCIE Graphics card, are now- a- days going for current AMD Radeon cards like Radeon RX NNNs (I have a Radeon RX 570 from MSI that has native support. (Avoid XFX Brand; known to have problems)

I have a Radeon RX 570 from MSI that has native support

Which one is it?
I wasn't expecting to get a new graphics card, but I guess I'll have to reconsider...

BTW, what's your opinion on the iStat Menus sensors questions I posted earlier?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-06-29 at 19.09.15.png
    Screen Shot 2019-06-29 at 19.09.15.png
    436.9 KB · Views: 38
Which one is it?
I wasn't expecting to get a new graphics card, but I guess I'll have to reconsider...

• AMD Radeon RX 570 (from MSI) should work just as well.
I am not familiar with them. So, I cannot make any useful comment.

@cmn699 Thanks! I'll see if I can get my hands on an RX 570 and post back with results if I do.

I am not familiar with them. So, I cannot make any useful comment.
In case it might help anyone, installed HWSensors and now I have the sensors I was looking for.

Just noticed media keys don't seem to be working normally.
I can mute, decrease and increase volume.
I can use launchpad and mission control shortcuts.

Play/pause, previous and next buttons don't work at all. Is this normal in Mojave?

Just noticed media keys don't seem to be working normally.
I can mute, decrease and increase volume.
I can use launchpad and mission control shortcuts.

Play/pause, previous and next buttons don't work at all. Is this normal in Mojave?
  • So, did you install AMD Radeon RX 570 and fixed the Graphics glitch issue you had from Nvidia GTX 660 TI which is still listed in your profile?
    • That was the last post about the major Graphics issue and your installing HWSensors.

• What type of Keyboard are you using? Details like Make and Model, please.

• So, did you install AMD Radeon RX 570 and fixed the Graphics glitch issue you had from Nvidia GTX 660 TI which is still listed in your profile?
    • That was the last post about the major Graphics issue and your installing HWSensors.

Not yet. But I will eventually do it.
Regarding HWSensors, after a reboot and another attempt reinstalling it, it seems it's not doing anything.
  • What type of Keyboard are you using? Details like Make and Model, please.
Right now I'm using a Ducky One 2 Mini but I also had the same issue with a WASD Keyboard V2 TKL, both ISO layout.

Not yet. But I will eventually do it.
Regarding HWSensors, after a reboot and another attempt reinstalling it, it seems it's not doing anything.

Right now I'm using a Ducky One 2 Mini but I also had the same issue with a WASD Keyboard V2 TKL, both ISO layout.
For your WASD Keyboard V2 2KL, install Karabiner and launch it and use its menu to configure the options to enable special keys->https://pqrs.org/osx/karabiner/

For your WASD Keyboard V2 2KL, install Karabiner and launch it and use its menu to configure the options to enable special keys->https://pqrs.org/osx/karabiner/
I do have Karabiner installed. It does make most of the media keys to work with both keyboards actually. F3, F4, F10, F11 and F12 work fine.
F7, F8 and F9 don't, on either the WASD or Ducky.

It feels like it's a system thing, not a keyboard thing.
Do you have these media functions working in Mojave?

I searched and found a bunch of similar reports.
What I did: completely uninstall Google Play Music extension on Chrome which could be preventing the keyboard shortcut to bubble up in the system. Also made sure no global shortcut exists in Chrome right now.
After that, pressing F8 would launch iTunes. Not sure what I did, but now it doesn't.

Attaching my Karabiner configs. Also, Karabiner's event viewer app seems to understand the media functions, but for some reason it doesn't make Spotify do anything.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-07-04 at 14.16.54.png
    Screen Shot 2019-07-04 at 14.16.54.png
    153.2 KB · Views: 38
  • Screen Shot 2019-07-04 at 14.23.06.png
    Screen Shot 2019-07-04 at 14.23.06.png
    157.3 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
I do have Karabiner installed. It does make most of the media keys to work with both keyboards actually. F3, F4, F10, F11 and F12 work fine.
F7, F8 and F9 don't, on either the WASD or Ducky.

It feels like it's a system thing, not a keyboard thing.
Do you have these media functions working in Mojave?

I searched and found a bunch of similar reports.
What I did: completely uninstall Google Play Music extension on Chrome which could be preventing the keyboard shortcut to bubble up in the system. Also made sure no global shortcut exists in Chrome right now.
After that, pressing F8 would launch iTunes. Not sure what I did, but now it doesn't.

Attaching my Karabiner configs. Also, Karabiner's event viewer app seems to understand the media functions, but for some reason it doesn't make Spotify do anything.
Unfortunately I don't have both the keyboards you have.
I have tested that App on my Rii Mini WiFi KBD [See images]
I could control the keys toward Top left of Front View like "Lock Icon" Music, |<< >|| >>|

Attachments

• 1.Keyboard Front View.png
    1.Keyboard Front View.png
    752.1 KB · Views: 35
  • 2.keyboard Back View.png
    2.keyboard Back View.png
    912.7 KB · Views: 36
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back