Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision G
CPU
i9-10900
Graphics
HD630
Mac
  1. iMac
Greetings and thanks in advance... Desperately looking for an answer to the following issue:
Picked up a Seagate Barracuda 3TB Sata drive yesterday and proceeded to do a fresh install of Mavericks 10.9
Method was Unibeast, resulting in a complete installation and a unibeast-boot to initial setup
After installing Multibeast with a non-dsdt method, upon booting into Chimera, I get:
boot0:GPT
boot0:error

I have read the 4ksector guide on this site, and have tried method 1 and 2, to no avail. Nothing I do results in a proper boot via the boot loader. I can boot successfully via unibeast, but that's about it. Any help on this issue would be most appreciated.

Greetings and thanks in advance... Desperately looking for an answer to the following issue:
Picked up a Seagate Barracuda 3TB Sata drive yesterday and proceeded to do a fresh install of Mavericks 10.9
Method was Unibeast, resulting in a complete installation and a unibeast-boot to initial setup
After installing Multibeast with a non-dsdt method, upon booting into Chimera, I get:
boot0:error

I have read the 4ksector guide on this site, and have tried method 1 and 2, to no avail. Nothing I do results in a proper boot via the boot loader. I can boot successfully via unibeast, but that's about it. Any help on this issue would be most appreciated.

How many partitions and how large is the OS X Mavericks boot partition? To boot with Chimera/Chameleon boot partition must be less than 1Tb in size.

Going Bald---> Yikes, was not aware of that, sorry! I will repartition and report back. Thanks for the advice.

UPDATE:
Still no luck after I partitioned my 3TB drive (2 partitions- #1-300GB-Boot 2-Remainder for storage). Now I'm getting this:
"Verifying DMI Pool Data" It holds at this message, does not proceed to the boot loader. I've changed sata ports on the drive, unplugged any peripherals, etc. Nothing seems to get this baby to boot. Thanks.

UPDATE:
Still no luck after I partitioned my 3TB drive (2 partitions- #1-300GB-Boot 2-Remainder for storage). Now I'm getting this:
"Verifying DMI Pool Data" It holds at this message, does not proceed to the boot loader. I've changed sata ports on the drive, unplugged any peripherals, etc. Nothing seems to get this baby to boot. Thanks.

When you repartitioned, did you install Mavericks again? Install the bootloader again?

Greetings, yes a number of times. Absolutely nothing is working with this darn drive. I can confirm that the system is compliant with Mavericks, as I had a 300GB spare drive that I used, just to rule out a hardware conflict. This drive is driving me nuts... love to hear back from any users experiencing the same issue with the Seagate Barracuda 3TB Sata. Thanks.

Greetings, yes a number of times. Absolutely nothing is working with this darn drive. I can confirm that the system is compliant with Mavericks, as I had a 300GB spare drive that I used, just to rule out a hardware conflict. This drive is driving me nuts... love to hear back from any users experiencing the same issue with the Seagate Barracuda 3TB Sata. Thanks.

Have you tried installing the boot loader with the techniques in the Official Guide: Boot0 Error post?

This is a 4k drive and may cause problems with installing a boot loader - best to use that 300Gb drive for a boot drive and the 3Tb for storage only. Or better, get a SSD for the boot drive.

Greetings, thanks so much for your input here.. been frustrating to say the least. Question, I'm running Logic 9 and plan on additionally purchasing Logic X... it comes with an additional 35GB of content.. I understand that Mavericks does not offer you an option for an install location. If I take your advise and pick up a, say, 120GB SSD, how do I install applications and content that will exceed that drives storage? Thanks again. ssprod

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back