Contribute
Register

Cant boot into Macintosh HDD after instal - no hdmi after half boot (Video included)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI z97 Gaming GD-65
CPU
Intel i-5 4690
Graphics
Nvidia GTX 760
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
So Just for background, Im using the following components:
MSI z97-gd65 gaming
intel I-5 (Not sure which one but I remember it was on the list of parts that work)
PNY NVIDIA GTX 760
32 GB of Patriot Ram - 4 X 8GB Sticks

My problems is I cant seem to get it to boot into OSX after I install it. I can get the installer working fine and go through the entire process. The USB works fine. I can get the Clover Boot menu up as well. My problem is that about half way to 3/4ths of the way through the apple icon loading boot screen it goes black.

Here is the video of what happens. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8YF5_kPeuCETDhBQWZ4S1g2R2s/view?usp=sharing

Thanks

Try nv_disable=1 for booting installer.

Reboot before reaching the installer with an unsupported Nvidia card, or
Screen shuts down ("no signal") when you reach the installer

• Try booting with nv_disable=1
  • Unsupported Nvidia cards include 'Maxwell' GeForce GTX 750, 750 Ti, 950, 960, 970, 980, 980 Ti, or TITAN X
    • At least one GT 730 didn't work without drivers on some machines
    • One GT 740 GDDR5 known to require drivers, one GT 740 DDR3 known to not require drivers
    • In general more Nvidia cards seem to require Nvidia drivers in El Capitan

So Just for background, Im using the following components:
MSI z97-gd65 gaming
intel I-5 (Not sure which one but I remember it was on the list of parts that work)
PNY NVIDIA GTX 760
32 GB of Patriot Ram - 4 X 8GB Sticks

My problems is I cant seem to get it to boot into OSX after I install it. I can get the installer working fine and go through the entire process. The USB works fine. I can get the Clover Boot menu up as well. My problem is that about half way to 3/4ths of the way through the apple icon loading boot screen it goes black.

Here is the video of what happens. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8YF5_kPeuCETDhBQWZ4S1g2R2s/view?usp=sharing

Thanks

wich version do you use ?

If you are talking about which OS im trying to use El Capitan

Tried that and it didnt work. I got stuck at the apple loading screen with a full progress bar. Its been like that for about an hour.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back