Contribute
Register

Can't boot into installer Opencore 0.7.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where is your SSDT-AWAC.aml (if your system needs it) - See here.
Can I have your EFI for Monterey, I have the same problem of not showing the installer partition, Also I. have almost the same build you are using.
Thank you

Update:

I updated the bios and removed the GPU for now. It now progresses past the previous error, only to stop a few lines further. After a while the entire screen will glitch out.
IMG_20211103_155740.jpg

Update:

I updated the bios and removed the GPU for now. It now progresses past the previous error, only to stop a few lines further. After a while the entire screen will glitch out.View attachment 533161
did you re setup your bios settings etc after updating your bios?

did you re setup your bios settings etc after updating your bios?
Yes I did, I set all settings back to default and disabled VT-d, CFG Lock, IOAPIC 24-119 Entries, secure boot and Fast Boot.

Yes I did, I set all settings back to default and disabled VT-d, CFG Lock, IOAPIC 24-119 Entries, secure boot and Fast Boot.
could be a usb issue

try all ports if needs be

also zip and upload your EFI

Progression! I removed the ssd just to be sure, tried a different usb port and I switched back to my old EFI folder. Now I get lots of text for quite a while, but my screen turns to black(it doesn't reboot).
I'll try to change 07009B3E to 00009B3E, hopefully that fixes my display.
Thank you, I'll keep you updated.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    3.1 MB · Views: 83
Progression! I removed the ssd just to be sure, tried a different usb port and I switched back to my old EFI folder. Now I get lots of text for quite a while, but my screen turns to black(it doesn't reboot).
please update your hardware profile to allow others to help you easier

Succes!!!!
I reinstalled my Vega 64 and finally got to the installer.
After 4 days of trying it worked.
The combination of a new bios, different usb port seemed to fix things.
I tried multiple usb ports the other day, but that was still on my old bios.
Thank you all so much for the support!

(I've read the cpu rules, but couldn't find what was wrong with mine. Xeon QQLS is the name)

Can I have your EFI for Monterey, I have the same problem of not showing the installer partition, Also I. have almost the same build you are using.
Thank you
Though both are Z490's, the differences between our boards are such that my EFI folder would not be a viable kickstart for you. You're welcome to a copy of my config.plist for comparison, when I'm back at my Hack.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back