Contribute
Register

Can't boot installer using clover and createmediainstall (Lenovo Ideapad 13IKB)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@RehabMan Thanks for your reply. But I'm using OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi paired with EmuVariableUefi-64.efi. I tried using AptioMemoryFix.efi from the guide attached file but still doesn't work. Attached is my bios settings

Attach photo of KP data (the data before what you show in post #22).
Can you boot safe mode?
Single user mode?
Some of your BIOS options are worth experimenting with (or at least reading the help text).

@RehabMan Tried experimenting with boot options. I set all things disabled. Then it didn't work. I set the boot sequence to usb as default then let the laptop boot on loop. Strangely, when I went to check on the laptop its on the Installer screen! but without touchpad controls. I didn't install it and just rebooted, now it can't run the installer again. Should I install when it happens again?

@RehabMan Tried experimenting with boot options. I set all things disabled. Then it didn't work. I set the boot sequence to usb as default then let the laptop boot on loop. Strangely, when I went to check on the laptop its on the Installer screen! but without touchpad controls. I didn't install it and just rebooted, now it can't run the installer again. Should I install when it happens again?
I can reproduce this. @RehabMan

Read post #31.

Attachments

• 6C3E6181-330F-44CA-ACA8-4CA44395057A.png
    6C3E6181-330F-44CA-ACA8-4CA44395057A.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 90
  • CLOVER.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 70
Is it possible that the problem is because of corrupted macOS High Sierra Installer?
Although installer is problematic I can still boot the installer after several tries.

@RehabMan cant boot on safe mode.

After a typical Clover install, you will have these files in drivers64UEFI:
apfs.efi
AppleImageCodec-64.efi
AppleKeyAggregator-64.efi
AppleUITheme-64.efi
AptioMemoryFix.efi
DataHubDxe-64.efi
FirmwareVolume-64.efi
FSInject-64.efi
HFSPlus.efi
SMCHelper-64.efi

And if you haven't tried re-creating your install_osx partition, you should try re-creating your USB as per guide.
From your misc/preboot.log, there is no install_osx partition at all, so I assume you didn't follow the guide anyway.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

After a typical Clover install, you will have these files in drivers64UEFI:
apfs.efi
AppleImageCodec-64.efi
AppleKeyAggregator-64.efi
AppleUITheme-64.efi
AptioMemoryFix.efi
DataHubDxe-64.efi
FirmwareVolume-64.efi
FSInject-64.efi
HFSPlus.efi
SMCHelper-64.efi

And if you haven't tried re-creating your install_osx partition, you should try re-creating your USB as per guide.
From your misc/preboot.log, there is no install_osx partition at all, so I assume you didn't follow the guide anyway.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

The only guide im looking at is this. But I didn't renamed the drive since it seems optional. I have removed the content of drivers64UEFI except those mentioned in guide since this
Your drivers64UEFI is still wrong.
. I'll redo the whole guide. Thanks

The only guide im looking at is this. But I didn't renamed the drive since it seems optional. I have removed the content of drivers64UEFI except those mentioned in guide since this . I'll redo the whole guide. Thanks

Some of those efi drivers may be needed (often depends on hardware/BIOS). A minimal list is given in the guide. You should probably keep those installed by the Clover installer, unless you find reason to remove them. DataHubDxe-64.efi can be relatively important when needed (not all hardware needs it, but it usually does no harm in including it). And for the others included by the Clover installer, same thing (usually no harm in leaving them).

My original comment regarding drivers64UEFI was specifically regarding the AptioFix requirements...
(if you read it again, you'll see).

still the same problem.

Some of those efi drivers may be needed (often depends on hardware/BIOS). A minimal list is given in the guide. You should probably keep those installed by the Clover installer, unless you find reason to remove them. DataHubDxe-64.efi can be relatively important when needed (not all hardware needs it, but it usually does no harm in including it). And for the others included by the Clover installer, same thing (usually no harm in leaving them).

My original comment regarding drivers64UEFI was specifically regarding the AptioFix requirements...
(if you read it again, you'll see).

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 67
  • EF7DCDC4-DB8C-4E19-8577-81786D4552AB.png
    EF7DCDC4-DB8C-4E19-8577-81786D4552AB.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 72
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back