Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
z390 phantom gaming itx
CPU
9900ks
Graphics
5700 xt
Hi, i created a mavericks usb with Diskmaker X but in the clover options the Install OSX Mavericks has a ? as the icon and when i try to boot through it it will just reload clover and not even try to boot it.

If i do a Unibeast and then put clover on it it will boot fine but i wanted to create a vanilla usb mavericks like i had done before on another motherboard.

Any suggestions? On the drivers i have tried loading the hfsplus one and have aptiofix and emu variables loaded as well.

Thank you very much in advance.

Hi, i created a mavericks usb with Diskmaker X but in the clover options the Install OSX Mavericks has a ? as the icon and when i try to boot through it it will just reload clover and not even try to boot it.

If i do a Unibeast and then put clover on it it will boot fine but i wanted to create a vanilla usb mavericks like i had done before on another motherboard.

Any suggestions? On the drivers i have tried loading the hfsplus one and have aptiofix and emu variables loaded as well.

Thank you very much in advance.

See part 6 of http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/to...yte-z77x-ud5h-clover-uefi-installtweak-guide/

Hey, thanks :), can't really do that with Mavericks tho right? The restore, or at least will need extra steps compared to Mountain Lion.

Will try it either way, cheers.

I used the last method in http://www.coolestguidesontheplanet.com/making-a-boot-usb-disk-of-osx-10-9-mavericks/ and it worked :), none of the other 2 did the trick in this motherboard with clover, but the last one did.

It's not vanilla, the installer will not create Recovery partition after install. The best way is using this terminal:
Code:
sudo /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ Mavericks.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/Untitled --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ Mavericks.app --nointeraction

And replace VboxHFS in drivers64UEFI by HFSPlus.efi

Ah thanks, will try that since that method wasn't working for me.

Will let you know in a bit how it went.

Tyvm

It's not vanilla, the installer will not create Recovery partition after install. The best way is using this terminal:
Code:
sudo /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ Mavericks.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/Untitled --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ Mavericks.app --nointeraction
Not so, the guide he's following is fine and will create a Recovery partition. It's the same as what you're suggesting...

And replace VboxHFS in drivers64UEFI by HFSPlus.efi
Also not necessary...

Not so, the guide he's following is fine and will create a Recovery partition. It's the same as what you're suggesting...

Also not necessary...

I know it's not necessary with your Unibeast guide :)

Hi, yeah i'm trying to use a total vanilla usb since i would like to use the usb for my macs too instead of having one for mackintosh, also why i created a separate key for clover instead of installing it on the install key, although clover would work fine on a real mac(i think) since i used to use refit on my mbp.

Yeap the unibeast method worked great but wanted a total vanilla one for the reasons stated.

And i couldn't boot with the regular setup since the Install usb would have a question mark on it and clicking it just refreshed the clover boot menu and nothing happened.

So here's hoping the hfsiplus will do the trick.

I should just delete vbox and download the hfsplus 64 bit from the clover configurator aye?

Thanks :) and sorry for complicating things but i think this is the way to go if i want to use it to install mavericks on my macs too, creating the usb key atm, so should take some more minutes.

Here's what my uefi64 folder looks like :

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    88.7 KB · Views: 242
I know it's not necessary with your Unibeast guide :)
My Unibeast guide is irrelevant to the discussion. The point was that what you suggested is exactly what he was doing...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back