CPU
i7-3770
Graphics
HD 4000
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I'm trying to install El Capitan onto my machine but I'm running into problems with the installer. I can boot to the boot loader (I think that's what it's called) and it get to the point of which device I want to boot from. I select the usb drive and it starts to boot. After a while it stops on a white screen and the mouse pointer is the spinning pinwheel. That's as far as the installation gets. My motherboard is the Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H and Yosemite runs fine on it.

I'm trying to install El Capitan onto my machine but I'm running into problems with the installer. I can boot to the boot loader (I think that's what it's called) and it get to the point of which device I want to boot from. I select the usb drive and it starts to boot. After a while it stops on a white screen and the mouse pointer is the spinning pinwheel. That's as far as the installation gets. My motherboard is the Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H and Yosemite runs fine on it.

Have you tried disabling the graphics (nv_disabled=1) in the boot flags?

Have you tried disabling the graphics (nv_disabled=1) in the boot flags?
I can't seem to figure out how to do that from Clover. When I try to add that in Boot Args all is fine until I type the '_'. At that point it hangs and Ineed to force a reboot.

Last edited:
Click on the gear at the bottom row of the clover main menu. When you arrow down to boot args, hit enter, and type the flag. Hit enter again, and go down to return. Select the boot drive you want and hit enter again. It's a little weird at first, but pretty easy once you get the hang of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back