Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z270-HD3P
CPU
i5-7500
Graphics
RX 480
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I can't boot installer USB created with uniBeast (settings: Legacy mode, no video injections).

My build:
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA P55M-UD4 F11 bios (optimised defaults, SATA -AHCI, Virtualzation support OFF, HPET - 64 bit)
Processor: Intel i5-760 (stock frequencies)
Video: ATI Radeon 6450 - 2GB DDR3

Boot crashes in a weird place... several AppleUSBHostRecources lines and then STOP sign (can't even reset, have to turn off power), even with -X (safe mode).

Anybody have a clue? Would welcome help!

Btw, this exact comp used to run macOS from snow leopard till mountain lion, then was temporarily repurposed.

Attachments

• Photo.jpg
    Photo.jpg
    572.9 KB · Views: 148
ATI cards of this vintage as I recall require a particular flag (not hard to find) as in PICTRoot etc. Even mighty -x will not solve that issue.
I used to have one many versions of OSX ago and several generations of mobo chipsets ago. It should still be usable.
Otherwise I believe when you set up Unibeast you have the choice of inserting that (granted that part is glossed over in the basic instructions).
I do not know if that mobo has UEFI or an older BIOS, which should not matter if Unibeast and mobo settings are correct.

Thank you for trying to help, but I did exchange ATI for nVidia 6500 and nVidia 730 that I had lying around (I also tried all kinds of settings during clover boot (graphics injection, boot flags etc.).
Boot went the same. The board is old and hasn't got a UEFI, just BIOS...
As you can see in the screenshot it doesn't even get to the part where it loads graphics driver.

The best I can guess, it has a serious problem with PCI/PCIex bus or USB bus... that really just a guess because I can't explain the effects of the crash - hard reset doesn't work, power button doesn't work, it never reboots itself - I have to kill the power!

Once this was a fairly common board, I hope someone has succeeded installing 10.12...

So, I've been trying all sort of things and it worked!
I removed all patches and injections from clover, installed DSDT.aml from tonymacX86 database, usual kexts... and it booted.
Even graphics works with acceleration, without injection on ATI 6450 2 GB!

Sound is a problem because AppleHDA patch doesn't work, so I'm using voodooHDA.kext, but with lots of noise...
Another problem is sleep. I have to investigate some weird goings on...

So, I've been trying all sort of things and it worked!
I removed all patches and injections from clover, installed DSDT.aml from tonymacX86 database, usual kexts... and it booted.
Even graphics works with acceleration, without injection on ATI 6450 2 GB!

Sound is a problem because AppleHDA patch doesn't work, so I'm using voodooHDA.kext, but with lots of noise...
Another problem is sleep. I have to investigate some weird goings on...
Congratulations.

Would you mind posting the contents of your EFI/CLOVER folder (minus themes) as a .zip so I can check the contents and possibly use them for my install. I have a P55A-UD4P and have not been able to boot the Sierra Installer either.

Thanks in advance

Congratulations.

Would you mind posting the contents of your EFI/CLOVER folder (minus themes) as a .zip so I can check the contents and possibly use them for my install. I have a P55A-UD4P and have not been able to boot the Sierra Installer either.

Thanks in advance

So here is my Clover folder...
Feel free to ask questions.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 94
So here is my Clover folder...
Feel free to ask questions.
Congratulations!

i have also been contemplating going from my yosemite install to sierra. i have the same exact mobo as you and this was great to see that someone out there is running sierra. did you need to change the bootloader to clover? i am currently using chimera. would you mind posting the procedures you used to get your system running Sierra? thank you much and congrats again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back