Contribute
Register

Can't boot High Sierra when using Intel RST

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you think replacing High Sierra's AppleAHCIPort.kext with Sierra's AppleAHCIPort.kext would work?

I cannot predict the future.

I cannot predict the future.
It didn't work unfortunately. What other kext do you think might be involved with this issue that I can try replacing with Sierra ones?

The reason I'm pushing for this idea is because it worked for me on a very similar occasion. I have an external usb dac/amp that lost functionality with High Sierra. Replacing High Sierra's AppleUSBAudio.kext with an older Sierra one solved the issue. So I'm hoping I can do the same thing with my current problem.

Last edited:
It didn't work unfortunately. What other kext do you think might be involved with this issue that I can try replacing with Sierra ones?

The reason I'm pushing for this idea is because it worked for me on a very similar occasion. I have an external usb dac/amp that lost functionality with High Sierra. Replacing High Sierra's AppleUSBAudio.kext with an older Sierra one solved the issue. So I'm hoping I can do the same thing with my current problem.

My suggestion: If you want Sierra behavior, install Sierra.

My suggestion: If you want Sierra behavior, install Sierra.
File sizes on the new HEIC and HEVC formats are really good compared to .mov and .jpg. Phone media is already taking a lot of space on my drive, so I wanted to install High Sierra.

I wish there was a workaround for this. I can’t figure out what’s causung the problem.

File sizes on the new HEIC and HEVC formats are really good compared to .mov and .jpg. Phone media is already taking a lot of space on my drive, so I wanted to install High Sierra.

I wish there was a workaround for this. I can’t figure out what’s causung the problem.

Set BIOS SATA mode to AHCI and avoid all such problems.

@RehabMan thank you alot for this kext, was waiting for something like this for ages

After I updated my Sierra to HSierra skipping conversion to AFS this kext worked for me great, now after new (clean) install it doesnt work at all..I tried a million things..Maybe the problem is in AFS filesystem somehow?
I will try to install Sierra again and then upgrade to High Sierra on HFS+ and let you both know result :)
Cheers

Last edited:
@RehabMan thank you alot for this kext, was waiting for something like this for ages

After I updated my Sierra to HSierra skipping conversion to AFS this kext worked for me great, now after new (clean) install it doesnt work at all..I tried a million things..Maybe the problem is in AFS filesystem somehow?
I will try to install Sierra again and then upgrade to High Sierra on HFS+ and let you both know result :)
Cheers

No idea what kext you refer to as "this kext"...

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

SATA-RAID-unsupported.kext

The kext that this topic is about :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back