Motherboard
Gigabyte Z170 Gaming 5
CPU
i7 6700k
Graphics
Gigabyte GTX 1080 Ti
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Pre Note: Since the original thread that has the attachment and explanation of SATA-RAID-unsupported.kext is under Laptop Support, I'm posting it in there as well even though I'm using a desktop hackintosh.

I have 2x Samsung 960 EVO SSDs in RAID0 that I use for Windows 10.

There were no problems with Sierra. I have been using the SATA-RAID-unsupported.kext with it. Made a clean install of High Sierra yesterday and put the same kext in EFI, but couldn't manage to boot into it while Intel RST is selected in BIOS.

Attached the required files for the problem reporting.

Attachments

• Problem Reporting Archive.zip
    4.4 MB · Views: 246
Pre Note: Since the original thread that has the attachment and explanation of SATA-RAID-unsupported.kext is under Laptop Support, I'm posting it in there as well even though I'm using a desktop hackintosh.

I have 2x Samsung 960 EVO SSDs in RAID0 that I use for Windows 10.

There were no problems with Sierra. I have been using the SATA-RAID-unsupported.kext with it. Made a clean install of High Sierra yesterday and put the same kext in EFI, but couldn't manage to boot into it while Intel RST is selected in BIOS.

Attached the required files for the problem reporting.

Samsung 960 EVO devices are NVMe.
SATA-RAID-unsupported.kext applies only to SATA devices, never NVMe.
To use your NVMe devices, you must set SATA mode to AHCI.

Samsung 960 EVO devices are NVMe.
SATA-RAID-unsupported.kext applies only to SATA devices, never NVMe.
To use your NVMe devices, you must set SATA mode to AHCI.

I'm using them in RAID0 using the EZ RAID function in BIOS, which is enabled only when Intel RST is selected. I'm not interested in using them in OS X, so I'm fine with not mounting them in OS X which was the case with Sierra. In High Sierra I just can't boot OS X.

To be clear, OS X is installed on another single SSD.

I'm using them in RAID0 using the EZ RAID function in BIOS, which is enabled only when Intel RST is selected. I'm not interested in using them in OS X, so I'm fine with not mounting them in OS X which was the case with Sierra. In High Sierra I just can't boot OS X.

You should not expect any NVMe SSDs to work on macOS (or OS X) with SATA mode RST.
Must be AHCI for NVMe SSD detection.

To be clear, OS X is installed on another single SSD.

If it is a SATA SSD, that should be fine (requires SATA-RAID-unsupported.kext).
If it is NVMe, not expected to work.

Keep in mind that EFI/Clover/kexts is ignored when FakeSMC.kext is installed to the system volume and config.plist/SystemParameters/InjectKexts=Detect. All kexts you need should be installed to the system volume.

You should not expect any NVMe SSDs to work on macOS (or OS X) with SATA mode RST.
Must be AHCI for NVMe SSD detection.

If it is a SATA SSD, that should be fine (requires SATA-RAID-unsupported.kext).
If it is NVMe, not expected to work.

Keep in mind that EFI/Clover/kexts is ignored when FakeSMC.kext is installed to the system volume and config.plist/SystemParameters/InjectKexts=Detect. All kexts you need should be installed to the system volume.

It is indeed installed on a SATA SSD.

I tried putting the kext into L/E or S/L/E, still nothing changed. I can't boot into High Sierra.

I still have my old SSD with Sierra on it, which is booting fine. So I don't think it's a BIOS setting issue.

Please see my first post.

Those files are incomplete.
No Clover/misc/preboot.log (you forgot to press F2).
No Clover/ACPI/origin (you forgot to press F4).
No verbose boot photo.
ioreg implies you can boot.
kextcache output shows SATA-RAID-unsupported.kext not installed.

Note: InjectKexts=Yes is wrong. Should be Detect. All kexts you need must be installed to the system volume.

ioreg implies you can boot.

I was able to boot if I changed from Intel RST to AHCI in BIOS.

Note: InjectKexts=Yes is wrong. Should be Detect. All kexts you need must be installed to the system volume.

I don't think I altered that. It was installed with =Yes default. I changed it to detect. Now I can't boot in AHCI mode either. The kext is installed in S/L/E.

Attached the Clover folder and a photo of -v.

Attachments

• Problem Reporting 2.zip
    3.4 MB · Views: 101
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back