Graphics
XFX Radeon HD 6870
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
So I took my trusty 8 GB partition, Installer, and when I try to boot from the drive (after I used xMove and such) wont let me boot. I am getting an com.apple.driver.AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement kernel panic. Any advice?

Run Multibeast and install "NullCPUPowerManagement" (located under Drivers & Bootloaders->Kexts & Enablers->Miscellaneous). It worked for me.

Just remember to run speed stepper after install Lion and remove Null kext, I lost my P states without doing this

tom.humphrey said:
Just remember to run speed stepper after install Lion and remove Null kext, I lost my P states without doing this

Thanks for the tip. But what's Speed Stepper?

I am having the same problem with Asus Sabertooth P67 + i7 2600K. Snow leopard boots fine with the iBoot cd, however I can not launch the lion installer from the installer partition. It reboots almost immediately.

erdinc said:
I am having the same problem with Asus Sabertooth P67 + i7 2600K. Snow leopard boots fine with the iBoot cd, however I can not launch the lion installer from the installer partition. It reboots almost immediately.

same!

I was using iBoot, which didn't work.

What worked was installing the latest Chimera then pressing "alt" during normal SL boot to get Chimera to pop up

TheSmartGuy said:
Run Multibeast and install "NullCPUPowerManagement" (located under Drivers & Bootloaders->Kexts & Enablers->Miscellaneous). It worked for me.

thanks man.
worked totally out and gave my whole day searching for the problem a good end

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back