Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z170X-UD3 F21 / Asus P8P67 Deluxe
CPU
i7 6600 / i7 2600
Graphics
EVGA 740sc 2GB / Asus NVIDIA GTX760
Trying a fresh install and I can boot from USB to El Capitan but just cannot boot from the HDD alone.

I have used UniBeast Legacy Boot mode and once post installation with Clover and Clover Configurator are done, upon reboot to the HDD, I get this screen and tried the following as stated in the Tonymac Big List of Solutions:

How to Use Boot Maintenance Manager

Note: For Clover Legacy Boot Mode only.

These steps will scan the USB using File Explorer and allow you to boot Clover from file.

- Choose Boot Maintenance Manager and hit Enter
- Choose Boot From File and hit Enter
- Choose USB and hit Enter
- Choose EFI and hit Enter
- Choose BOOT and hit Enter
- Choose BOOTX64.efi and hit Enter

But when I hit enter to BOOTX64.efi, it just boots off the USB drive as to reinstall over....

Also tried to remove everything inside EFI/CLOVER/ from the system drive, and replace it with everything inside EFI/CLOVER/ from the USB drive but no success.

In Yosemite, I have a DSDT.aml inside the EXTRA folder, wonder if I still need this on my fresh install?

Attachments

• figure06.png
    figure06.png
    4.6 KB · Views: 227
If you're past the installation and you want to boot to the system drive, then where it says "Choose USB and hit Enter" in the procedure you quoted, you should choose your system drive instead. See if that gets you back into your new installation.

Where it says "Choose USB and hit Enter" I was able to choose the system drive but then there is no BOOTX64.efi, so couldn't move on.

Tried again to remove everything inside EFI/CLOVER/ from the system drive, and replace it with everything inside EFI/CLOVER/ from the USB drive but still no success.

However, I do appreciate your help

Guess I will keep on searching this forum

Anyone getting the Boot Maintenance Manager window

Whatever I try, I just can't get past the Boot Maintenance Manager window even after checking Tonymac's Big List of Solutions.
I have been pulling out my hair, this being my first attempt with Clover and so far I have no luck in booting to system drive, can only boot from USB.

Anyone getting this window and how do you come across it?
Running a legacy system Asus P8p67 Deluxe i2600

Thanks

Attachments

• figure06-2.png
    figure06-2.png
    4.6 KB · Views: 162
Where it says "Choose USB and hit Enter" I was able to choose the system drive but then there is no BOOTX64.efi, so couldn't move on.

Tried again to remove everything inside EFI/CLOVER/ from the system drive, and replace it with everything inside EFI/CLOVER/ from the USB drive but still no success.

First, boot to El Capitan with the USB and look on your system drive.

You should have a file /EFI/BOOT/BOOTX64.efi

In Boot Maintenance Manager, it's your goal to navigate to and select that file. So from what I understand you should select your system drive, then EFI dir, then BOOT dir, then BOOTX64.efi file.

Still no luck, I started from scratch and installed El Capitan to system drive (ethernet works at this stage and I can easily browse the web)

Then I ran
Clover_v2.3k_r3270_Legacy.pkg
CustoMac Essentials.pkg

Clover-Configurator: smbios tab: click the magic wand and set to Mac Pro 3,1 (also tried iMac 12.2 which my system runs on Yosemite)
Saved config.plist to desktop and moved it to system drive folder replacing original file.

Checked during all stages that the BOOTX64.efi file is indeed inside /EFI/BOOT on the system drive

Rebooted to system drive with no USB attached.
Got the System Maintenance Manager window but no BOOTX64.efi file

I also attempted to remove on some installations, everything inside EFI/CLOVER/ from the system drive, and replace it with everything inside EFI/CLOVER/ from the USB as stated earlier

Still not working... but I do appreciate your help ammulder

Attachments

• IMG_0069.jpg
    IMG_0069.jpg
    462.8 KB · Views: 126
  • IMG_0068.jpg
    IMG_0068.jpg
    618.8 KB · Views: 136
  • IMG_0067.jpg
    IMG_0067.jpg
    551 KB · Views: 136
  • IMG_0066.jpg
    IMG_0066.jpg
    510.5 KB · Views: 176
  • IMG_0073.jpg
    IMG_0073.jpg
    603 KB · Views: 139
You're picking the wrong drive. In the screen shot that showed a huge long string of text (which was selected), then Recovery HD, then another huge long string of text, you want to select the third one not the first. Pretty sure the first is your unused EFI partition, the third is your actual system partition.

The clue is that the later screen shots only show APPLE on that partition, which is what goes in the EFI partition, but on a legacy boot Clover doesn't install to the EFI partition so it's otherwise empty.

Started from scratch again and there are only 2 long strings, the second one being Recovery HD...
Tried without copying content from EFI/CLOVER and also copying content to EFI/CLOVER but I am always stuck on the Boot Maintenance Manager Window.

My current Yosemite Chameleon build is on a SSD using a DSDT file. If needed, at what step would the DSDT be required?

In the Clover-Configurator, the smbios tab is the only tab where I set things, leaving out all other tabs untouched, is that the way to go?

Also, any difference when booting USB: "UEFI Kingston" or "Kingston" since I noticed both boot are made available?

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_0077.jpg
    IMG_0077.jpg
    532.5 KB · Views: 134
  • IMG_0075.jpg
    IMG_0075.jpg
    816 KB · Views: 146
  • IMG_0076.jpg
    IMG_0076.jpg
    544.6 KB · Views: 126
If you installed legacy I don't think you want the UEFI one. In fact, if you installed legacy, why don't you set your BIOS to boot legacy only? (Though if it's the legacy one that's not working, what the heck, try the other!)

I couldn't find any settings to have my BIOS boot in Legacy mode only. What confuses me is that the boot screen specifies to press DEL to enter UEFI BIOS settings but when I check my motherboard's manual, all relates to EFI.

If I can't make it past this stage, will Multibeast El Capitan offer any options as to move on with this installation?

Attachments

• IMG_0078.jpg
    IMG_0078.jpg
    593.8 KB · Views: 129
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back