Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-X99-UD4 F22
CPU
i7-5820k
Graphics
GTX 1070 Ti
Hi all
I started to have very strange issue and this is driving me crazy.
First of all I successfully installed 10.10 using clover on my x99-ud4 (GB board)

I decided to create a fresh 10.10.5 USB drive using clover so to be prepared for the 10.11 numerous installs that will have to do once it's out. So I do the regular stuff
1. formatted the USB as before
2. installed to 10.10.5 with the sudo command
3. installed to latest clover using UEFI boot (as before)
4. moved my kext to the location into the EFI partition
5. configured the config.plist (as always)

Rebooted and selected my UEFI: ADATA USB drive into the boot order.... and bam. Clover can not boot from the USB drive. I just refuse to load at all - no UI, no select drive, nothing - as if I have failed to install Clover on the drive.

I checked multiple times that I have selected the USB as destination for clover install, BIOS config checks, ALL things that have to be validated to make sure you can boot from the USB drive, Even booted several times with my W10 USB driver to make sure that UEFI USB boot is working (and it worked with W10 USB boot drive). Just my Clover USB fails to boot at all... I tried 3 different USB drives, crated BOOT with older Clover, older 10.10.3 (10.10.4), only Clover install on the drive. I just can make my x99-ud4 to boot from the Clover USB (even tried to use not UEFI option in clover install) - the PC simply refuse to boot from there.

PLEASE HELP ME :)

i update from 10.10.3 to 10.10.5 and i have the same **** problem
it boot up to clover guy and after i choose the macintosh hd it load to apple logo boot up after 2 sec it's restart to computer

My problem is bigger - I CAN NOT BOOT FROM THE USB at all - The system simply refuse to boot from the USB, I can boot from CD burned with the same clover version, HDD wit already installed clover and 10.10.x but from the USB it just fails (as if the UEFI BIOS can't find boot loader into the USB)

My problem is bigger - I CAN NOT BOOT FROM THE USB at all - The system simply refuse to boot from the USB, I can boot from CD burned with the same clover version, HDD wit already installed clover and 10.10.x but from the USB it just fails (as if the UEFI BIOS can't find boot loader into the USB)

In your BIOS try setting the Boot Mode to Legacy and UEFI.

In your BIOS try setting the Boot Mode to Legacy and UEFI.

10x for the tip. I can't remember changing this stuff from my BIOS before. And I know that bios should be configured to support both. The problem is that I can not find anything related to the boot mode in my bios - I am checking each option in my F12 BIOS of GB x99-ud4, and can't find it :( Can you give me some directions?

10x for the tip. I can't remember changing this stuff from my BIOS before. And I know that bios should be configured to support both. The problem is that I can not find anything related to the boot mode in my bios - I am checking each option in my F12 BIOS of GB x99-ud4, and can't find it :( Can you give me some directions?

Check your motherboard manual.

In my BIOS it's under BIOS Features - Boot Mode Selection.
YMMV

Is it possible this option to be missing? I can't find it into the manual or into the BIOS options themselves.

Yes it's quite possible, your BIOS may just not have that feature.

Other things to try :

Try a USB2 flash drive in a USB2 port.
Try another USB2 port.

Yes it's quite possible, your BIOS may just not have that feature.

Other things to try :

Try a USB2 flash drive in a USB2 port.
Try another USB2 port.

10x for the support, but I am afraid that my problem is with different source.

I tries other ports, but with no luck, and it is important to say that in the past I booted with a USB stick with clover, and installed 10.10 from it. Actually currently I am typing from my 10.10.4 installation. I can boot clover v.3231 from my HDD and boot into 10.10.4. All this works without issues. The problem is that when I try to boot from the USB drive, created as I always created before I fail to boot. the only difference is that from the last USB boot I installed W10 on my SSD. All else is as before... Currently I disconnected all drives except the HDD where 10.10.4 is with no luck. Currently all other drives are disconnected (even CD drive) so to me it looks that for some reason I failed to write the clover boot stuff on the USB - how I can check this? That my USB drive is with clover boot loader installed?

Thanks!

[SOLVED] Can't boot from clover USB

Finally...

It turns out that my x99-ud4 have issues when more than one device is enabled for into boot options. I had to manually disable all other devices and put only the USB drive as "available boot device" from the bios. If ANY other HDD is added to the list then clover fails to boot from the USB. If only the ADATA usb drive is there I can boot from it. Anyway it is strange so I am hoping that this will help someone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back