MSI Z97 Gaming 5
CPU
i5-4670K
Graphics
GTX 750 Ti FTW
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello,

I am attempting to Hackintosh my computer, the specifications can be seen in my profile information. I recently tried to do this using the Unibeast method, since I am not very familiar with Clover. I wasn't getting anywhere, and couldn't boot Unibeast at all. I decided to switch over to Clover, to get some of the benefits of my UEFI bios.

I followed several tutorials, including creating a Clover installer, and found the supposedly correct .plist for my computer. Despite of all of this, I haven't been able to reach the installation screen, and I am greeted instead by some text saying "SMBOS has arrived".

This was the guide I followed specifically, for creating the USB installer disk. guide Since my motherboard is newer, I decided to choose the UEFI method of installing clover. I clicked install for UEFI booting only, picked a theme, and installed it on the USB stick. I then put FakeSMC, NullCPUPowerManagement, and the AtherosE2200Ethernet kexts.

For the plist I used the one attached in the guide above, titled "config.plist-Intel-HD4600-desktop.zip".

Despite all of this, I still continue to have problems booting my USB installer. Here are some screenshots of the problem(s) encountered while attempting to boot.

IMG_0007.jpgIMG_0004.jpgIMG_0005.jpgIMG_0006.jpg

Hello,

I am attempting to Hackintosh my computer, the specifications can be seen in my profile information. I recently tried to do this using the Unibeast method, since I am not very familiar with Clover. I wasn't getting anywhere, and couldn't boot Unibeast at all. I decided to switch over to Clover, to get some of the benefits of my UEFI bios.

I followed several tutorials, including creating a Clover installer, and found the supposedly correct .plist for my computer. Despite of all of this, I haven't been able to reach the installation screen, and I am greeted instead by some text saying "SMBOS has arrived".

This was the guide I followed specifically, for creating the USB installer disk. guide Since my motherboard is newer, I decided to choose the UEFI method of installing clover. I clicked install for UEFI booting only, picked a theme, and installed it on the USB stick. I then put FakeSMC, NullCPUPowerManagement, and the AtherosE2200Ethernet kexts.

For the plist I used the one attached in the guide above, titled "config.plist-Intel-HD4600-desktop.zip".

Despite all of this, I still continue to have problems booting my USB installer. Here are some screenshots of the problem(s) encountered while attempting to boot.

How you connected the monitor? Use DVI/HDMI port connection without converter.

Set IGPU Ram to 64MB on BIOS.

Try to boot without caches.

How you connected the monitor? Use DVI/HDMI port connection without converter.

Set IGPU Ram to 64MB on BIOS.

Try to boot without caches.

I am connected to VGA, on both ends on my motherboard.

Not sure what IGPU RAM is? I'm using my integrated graphics so I don't really know why I'd have to set that, I have a Nvidia 750 Ti FTW card, but it isn't currently installed so it should be using the integrated graphics.

If I boot without caches, should I use the same run args as before, just with the non-cache arg?

Update: Set the flag "UseKernelCache=No", the issue still persists. Any more idea's guys?

VGA isn't supported in OSX you need to either use DVI or HDMI you could use a DVI to VGA adapter make sure you have config.plist configured for your machine correctly also make sure you have internal graphics set to 64m in the bios also make sure your have vt-D disabled and AHCI enabled

VGA isn't supported in OSX you need to either use DVI or HDMI you could use a DVI to VGA adapter make sure you have config.plist configured for your machine correctly also make sure you have internal graphics set to 64m in the bios also make sure your have vt-D disabled and AHCI enabled

Switching from direct VGA, to a HDMI > VGA adapter solved my problem, and I can now boot up into Mac OS X, to install it. However I now get a screen garble for a short period of time while the apple loading screen appears. Any idea what could be causing this? I verified that everything else you mentioned was correct, and properly setup. Thank you for your help!

Switching from direct VGA, to a HDMI > VGA adapter solved my problem, and I can now boot up into Mac OS X, to install it. However I now get a screen garble for a short period of time while the apple loading screen appears. Any idea what could be causing this? I verified that everything else you mentioned was correct, and properly setup. Thank you for your help!

Have you ran the Multibeast with proper options selected??

IGPU RAM is a setting available on BIOS, For HD4600 it need to be set to 64MB

If you are planning to use GTX 750, then no need of trouble shooting the integrated graphics issues. Connect the graphics card and then install proper driver for it.

Have you ran the Multibeast with proper options selected??

IGPU RAM is a setting available on BIOS, For HD4600 it need to be set to 64MB

If you are planning to use GTX 750, then no need of trouble shooting the integrated graphics issues. Connect the graphics card and then install proper driver for it.

The IGPU RAM is set to 64MB... The problem is when I install my GTX 750, I can't see my screen... its almost like nothing is being outputted to it. But the backlight comes on almost like it is, but it isn't.

I am not using Multibeast, since I am using Clover... can you use multibeast with clover?

I am also encountering another really weird issue, when my computer goes to sleep my actual computer wakes from sleep properly, but my monitor continues to display a completely black screen. The only way to fix this is to power cycle the computer.

The IGPU RAM is set to 64MB... The problem is when I install my GTX 750, I can't see my screen... its almost like nothing is being outputted to it. But the backlight comes on almost like it is, but it isn't.

Have you installed the NVIDIA Web Driver for the running OS X version??
If Yes, then boot with flag "nvda_drv=1"
If Not, then boot with flag "nv_disable=1"

I am not using Multibeast, since I am using Clover... can you use multibeast with clover?

Sorry it was my mistake. While replaying i had not checked it.

I am also encountering another really weird issue, when my computer goes to sleep my actual computer wakes from sleep properly, but my monitor continues to display a completely black screen. The only way to fix this is to power cycle the computer.

Sleep/Wake up is an another issue. First clear your GTX 750 issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back