Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Can't boot Catalina installer

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did that a few days ago it was apparently a file missing in ACPI it made me progress a few lines but I don't understand why I'm back at this line.

I did that a few days ago it was apparently a file missing in ACPI it made me progress a few lines but I don't understand why I'm back at this line.
maybe try:
SSDT-EC-USBX.aml

2 lines progress

Attachments

• IMG_0639.jpeg
    IMG_0639.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 36
2 lines progress
in your kexts folder, you should only have 1 folder in there called Other, remove the rest of the folder

remove:
VoodooTSCSync.kext
HibernationFixup.kext
AirportBrcmFixup.kext

try disabling:
DeleteUnused
FixMutex
FixRegions
FixShutdown

IntelGFX should be 0x0

Inject -> Intel should be false

Just did all of these. No progress, to the contrary even

Attachments

• E1390C8A-367A-4D5B-B7AF-F550E95CAE92.jpeg
    E1390C8A-367A-4D5B-B7AF-F550E95CAE92.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 29
OK guys, I did it!
Last night I turned on my hackintosh decided to only go to sleep once I'd have Catalina up and running. I googled once again "apfs module start 1689" and noticed some people on this forum were redirected to a thread about their own motherboard. So I googled "catalina z370p d3" and while no thread put me in the right direction, I found this guy using my motherboard who put their EFI on their Github (https://github.com/fbc/GA-Z370P-D3-Catalina-Clover). I put it in my EFI partition, replaced the SMBios and UUID and rebooted to the Catalina installer. The installation went fine and I updated my install. This morning I followed the guide and all my ports are working again in Monterey.

Thanks guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back