Contribute
Register

Can't boot (AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement, kext-dev-mode=1 ?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3P-B3
CPU
i7-2600
Graphics
HD 6850
Specs in my signature. Did a clean install of Yosemite – after running MultiBeast off the install USB with settings that worked for me in my previous install (same build), including kext-dev-mode=1 and AppleACPIPlatform Rollback for my board, can't seem to boot anymore.

Oddly enough, I got in once. Ran MultiBeast again, but with the same results. Booting from the install USB gets me the same screen.

Attachments

• Photo Nov 29, 9 34 07 PM.jpg
    Photo Nov 29, 9 34 07 PM.jpg
    532.9 KB · Views: 396
U tried to install NullCPUPowerManagement with Multibeast? Drivers - Misc

which boot loader are you using to boot??? use darkewake=0 flag also, if possible reinstall nullpowercpu kext. and fakesmc.kext
use smbios for imac14.2 and not mac pro

Sorry for asking in this post, should I use iMac14.2 as well for my setup (Profile)? I'm running Mac Pro right now

NullPowerCPU seems to have done the trick, thanks. Sound isn't working, oddly. Will have to look into that.

NullPowerCPU seems to have done the trick, thanks. Sound isn't working, oddly. Will have to look into that.

You can use NullCPUPowerManagement temporarily to do things like boot into installer and such, but after that I would highly recommend looking into power management for your CPU, as it gives you a lot of advantages. You can read here: [GUIDE] Power Management for Sandy Bridge/Ivy Bridge/Haswell/other Laptops It's for laptops but desktops benefit as well.

Cheers!

Thank you! Was unaware. Will look into this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back