Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I have trouble getting Lion to boot after installation. I'll try to give as as much details as I can below:

Hardware:
Gigabyte Z68M-D2H-F5
4GB RAM
500GB Western Digital Hard drive

1) Changed Bios settings to PCH SATA Control from SATA to AHCI and system first boot to USB-HDD
2) Downloaded Z68M-D2H-F5.dsdt & created a Unibeast + Multibeast USB

3) Booting by default via the USB would freeze at Apple loading screen (on verbose mode it would freeze after some Sound Assertion errors followed by an Ethernet error).

4) Booting via ignore caches would work okay. I installed Mac OS Lion with no problem.

5) After installation, booting by default via USB still doesn't work. I had to Boot via ignore caches again. I install MacOSXUpdCombo10.7.3 and then Multibeast (only system utilities and using the user DSDT from above).

6) After my machine reboots, I have trouble booting by default because I get this error:
boot0:GPT
boot0:GPT
boot0:testing
boot0:error

Thankfully, this webpage teaches me to fix the problem and I use the USB to boot to install screen to fix it http://www.mymac4music.com/2011/10/boot ... mment-5165

7) Now under default Boot, I am stuck at
"BootCacheControl: Unable to open /var/....../Merged.playlist
"BootCacheControl: Unable to open /var/....../Login.playlist
"Sound Assertion" errors such as "Error: EFI ROM did not publish 'hda-gfx' associative property!" , "0 != result" failed in Apple HDADriver", and "!me->fKextResourceLoaded" failed in AppleHDADriver

Under Boot ignore caches: I am stuck at
"BootCacheControl: Unable to open /var/....../Merged.playlist
"BootCacheControl: Unable to open /var/....../Login.playlist
"Sound Assertion" errors such as "Error: EFI ROM did not publish 'hda-gfx' associative property!" , "0 != result" failed in Apple HDADriver", and "!me->fKextResourceLoaded" failed in AppleHDADriver

And then followed by "Waiting for root device...." that loops forever

Would be great if anybody could help! I just want to be able to boot! I've spent the entire day and it sucks my new computer isn't booting....I'm starting to regret not buying a Mac :(

It looks like my problem is bigger than i thought...

After installing Lion and updating to MacOSXUpdCombo10.7.3, and restarting (no multibeast installation), I still have trouble booting to Lion (with the unibeast)... the attached picture is what I get...

photo-1.JPG

Attachments

• photo-1.JPG
    photo-1.JPG
    549.8 KB · Views: 321
It might be helpful if you post your complete system specs, including CPU type and frequency, video card brand and model, and also list any other devices in the system.

TB

Why are you in such a hurry to install the combo update?

The current Lion install in the App Store is 10.7.3.

Before you even attempt install the update make sure the machine is stable and working as should. No sense pushing updates when the machine is not installing as should.

List all specs, remove non-essential usb peripherals, PCI cards and make sure USB 2.0 ports are used for the Unibeast stick.

You were right on Jester969 :eek:

It was the combo update that was causing the problem. Lion 10.7 works fine with no problems. The problem, however, is that I need 10.7.3 to download and install Xcode. I guess one solution would be to find Xcode separately and not try to download it through the app store.

List all your hardware specs.

Download the Apple Update from Apple's website and try again. Make sure you back up your install first before attempting the combo update. Make sure it is the correct combo update from Apple.

SPECS:
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z68M-D2H-F5
Built-in Video: Intel HD Graphics 3000 64MB
Built-in Ethernet & Audio
Processor: 3.01 GHz Intel Core i5
RAM: 4GB 1333 MHz RAM
Hard disk: Western Digital 500GB SATA Disk
No other hardware in system besides power supply & fan.

I tried to update to the most recent Lion from Mac website and couldn't boot anymore (same problem as my beginning post of this thread).

Also, I only have resolution of 1024x768. I hear one solution is to use the DVI port instead of VGA... which is a problem since my monitor doesn't allow DVI.
Another solution was to give it the MacBook Pro or Mac mini definition and/or use GraphicsEnabler=No, but it didn't change anything.

Basically, after you install 10.7 keep track of what you do. Then download 10.7.3 from apples site, and install it, but don't reboot yet. Do whatever you did after the 10.7 install to make it work. Reboot.

A quick search on "Processor: 3.01 GHz Intel Core i5" returns i5 2400 which does not support HD3000 and OS X.

You will need to upgrade your CPU or add a OS X compatible GPU card.

neil

blueking, my system can't boot as soon as I install the 10.7.3 update. I have tried the update right after I install Lion 10.7 (after completely clean install), and it doesn't work right away.

Neilhart, can you show me the posts that claim I must "upgrade your CPU or add a OS X compatible GPU card." Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back