Graphics
GTX 660
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I got my parts and finished building my computer a couple of days ago. I made a bootable USB using UniBeast. I booted using UniBeast and installed Mountain Lion successfully :thumbup:, but when I reboot into Mountain Lion it gets stuck at the Apple logo and just keeps spinning forever :thumbdown:.
The only way I've found to get it to boot is using these boot flags GraphicsEnabler=0 and -x but these put me into safe mode. I've tried just using the GraphicsEnabler=0 boot flag but it won't boot with just that. I think my problem might be because i'm using my CPU's integrated graphics and not a graphics card. Any ideas on how I can get this to boot on it's own without booting into Safemode? Thanks in advance, you guys rock! :headbang:

BTW I set my BIOS settings to these http://www.tonymacx86.com/99-quick-guide-configuring-uefi-gigabyte-s-7-series-lga-1155-boards.html

Here are my specs:
Intel I7 3770K - Using the built in Intel HD Graphics 4000
Z77X-UD5H Gigabyte Motherboard
16GB DDR3 1600 MHzCorsair Vengeance RAM
120GB Sandisk SSD
I don't have a graphics card (yet)

I got my parts and finished building my computer a couple of days ago. I made a bootable USB using UniBeast. I booted using UniBeast and installed Mountain Lion successfully :thumbup:, but when I reboot into Mountain Lion it gets stuck at the Apple logo and just keeps spinning forever :thumbdown:.
The only way I've found to get it to boot is using these boot flags GraphicsEnabler=0 and -x but these put me into safe mode. I've tried just using the GraphicsEnabler=0 boot flag but it won't boot with just that. I think my problem might be because i'm using my CPU's integrated graphics and not a graphics card. Any ideas on how I can get this to boot on it's own without booting into Safemode? Thanks in advance, you guys rock! :headbang:

BTW I set my BIOS settings to these http://www.tonymacx86.com/99-quick-guide-configuring-uefi-gigabyte-s-7-series-lga-1155-boards.html

Here are my specs:
Intel I7 3770K - Using the built in Intel HD Graphics 4000
Z77X-UD5H Gigabyte Motherboard
16GB DDR3 1600 MHzCorsair Vengeance RAM
120GB Sandisk SSD
I don't have a graphics card (yet)

Just guessing here as I don't have this board, but... Video Memory for onboard set to 64MB?

Just guessing here as I don't have this board, but... Video Memory for onboard set to 64MB?

Yep, I already set my memory so 64mb, same results...

OK I think I fixed my problem! I added npci=0x2000 to the org.chameleon.Boot.plist. And now it boots up on it's own. This is what the org.chameleon.Boot.plist looks like now if anyone is interested. The things in bold are the things I changed.

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
    <key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
    <string>Yes</string>
    <key>GenerateCStates</key>
    <string>Yes</string>
    <key>GeneratePStates</key>
    <string>Yes</string>
    <key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
    <string>[B]No[/B]</string>
    <key>Kernel</key>
    <string>mach_kernel</string>
    <key>Kernel Flags</key>
        <string>darkwake=0 [B]npci=0x2000[/B]</string>
    <key>Legacy Logo</key>
    <string>Yes</string>
    <key>Timeout</key>
    <string>2</string>
    <key>UseKernelCache</key>
    <string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>

Ahhh... I got it up and running but the sound wasn't working and the screen was a bit blurry, so I went to multiboot and under RealtekALC8xx/Without DSDT/ and checked ALC898. I also went under Customization and check the 1080 option. And now it seems i'm back to my first problem, stuck at the apple logo. The only way I've been able to boot is in safe boot, with the -x flag. I'm gunna try to remove the ALC898 and see if that works.

OK I have the exact same HW (except only 8 GB RAM) and having the exact same problems... can only boot in safe mode...

Im going to double check my BIOS settings to make sure its same as yours. If you figure this out great.. i have been beating my head against the wall for a couple weeks now... this is no where near as "easy" as I thought it would be.. i know its not easy but...
thanks
Mark

OK I have the exact same HW (except only 8 GB RAM) and having the exact same problems... can only boot in safe mode...

Im going to double check my BIOS settings to make sure its same as yours. If you figure this out great.. i have been beating my head against the wall for a couple weeks now... this is no where near as "easy" as I thought it would be.. i know its not easy but...
thanks
Mark

Ya, I agree with you this isn't as easy as I thought it would be... I didn't think I would run into as much problems.
Well after installing the audio ALC898 drivers I got it to boot up again by booting into safe mode, and removing the AppleHDA.kext from my System/Library/Extensions(I got there by going into the Disk Utility right clicking on the hardrive and selecting open then going to that directory.). Then I rebooted and installed the voodoo universal audio drivers from unibeast to get my sound working again. I rebooted one more time and everything is pretty much working now except for i few graphics glitches here and there.
I hope that helps and you get everything working.

Same problem here. ML installation using UniBeast worked fine. But upon reboot it gets stuck at the Apple logo and just keeps spinning forever.

Here are my specs:
Intel I7 3770K
Z77X-UP5 TH Gigabyte Motherboard
32 GB DDR3 1600 MHz Corsair Vengeance RAM
128 GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD
Intel HD Graphics 4000 using Thunderbolt

Also, there's at leat four different threads on this in the last 24 hours.

Yup, I recommend graphics card on this board for 10.8.3 ML. I remember the time that it took me half a day figuring out why I get stuck at the apple logo screen is that I can't force it to use the mobo graphics so I went to buy a Graphics card. I installed everything with GraphicsEnabler=No, shutdown after multibeast install and put the graphics card in then reboot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back