Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
After I installed Multibeast using the settings in this guide here:

viewtopic.php?f=81&t=11912

Which is the same motherboard as mine, I can no longer boot into OSX.

What happens is that the Multibeast installer fails at the end, but in the Extras Extensions folder, there's all the Kexts in there. I run Kext Utility and it all seems to pass and work and detect the kexts. I then restart the PC (this is after the 10.6.7 and Multibeast has been installed) I just get a grey apple loading screen that goes on forever. Booting into -x just gives me a black screen with a grey bar at the top, and booting in Verbose mode just gives me a page of text, and it just stops there.

Here's an extract from the bottom which may be relevant.

hfs: Removed 2 orphaned / unlinked files and 0 directories
launchctl: Please convert the following to launched: /etc/mach_init.d/dashboardadvisoryd.plis
systemShutdown false
Waiting for DSMOS...
Previous Shutdown Cause: 3
AppleRTL8169Ethernet: Unknown hardware version ID (2c000000)
AppleRTL8169Ethernet: probeHardware() failed
DSMOS has arrived
** Device in slot: SLOT--1 **

Can anyone help me out with this? I don't want to have to re-install AGAIN, but I need to be able to get back into the OS so I can sort out the resolution and audio.

Thank you.

You have a different graphics card than used in the example, that is probably the reason.

Can you use iBoot to get back to OSX and MultiBeast? Try -x -v PCIRootUID=1

If so, go to boot options and set graphicsenabler=No Boot option.

See if that helps.

I'll try that. So pop in the iBoot disc, then type in that stuff.

When I don't use iBoot, I still get the "Snow Leopard" screen where you can see it loading (the black screen with Snow Leopard at the bottom and the tomato at the top)

SnapMan said:
You have a different graphics card than used in the example, that is probably the reason.

Can you use iBoot to get back to OSX and MultiBeast? Try -x -v PCIRootUID=1

If so, go to boot options and set graphicsenabler=No Boot option.

See if that helps.

Sorry, that didn't work. Got stuck at the ACPI Timed out thing. I'll just reinstall :|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back