Contribute
Register

Cant apply Patch in MaciASL

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm trying to re-extract new DSDT/SSDTs,but nothing happens. EFI/Clover/ACPI/Origin folder is empty. And I already tried to delete it and create new one.

Press Fn+F4 and F4.
Then realize that your files will be on the EFI that you booted Clover from.

I'm not using USB installer to boot Clover and I tried all 3. FN+F4,F1 and then F4 and F4 alone. F1 + F4 worked before.

I'm not using USB installer to boot Clover and I tried all 3. FN+F4,F1 and then F4 and F4 alone. F1 + F4 worked before.

Sorry, there is just no way for me to help you with that task.

It is for you to troubleshoot.
Keep in mind:
- if you're booting from HDD/SSD EFI, it is not automatically mounted (see FAQ for how to mount it)
- if you're looking at some EFI in your system root, you're looking in the wrong place
- if you're looking on your USB EFI, but booting from some other EFI, you're looking in the wrong place

I'm looking at /Volumes/EFI/Clover/ACPI on my HDD where Sierra is currently installed on. I tried booting and extracting from USB,also did not work. Are they really nescessary? Cant you work with those from yesterday?

I'm looking at /Volumes/EFI/Clover/ACPI on my HDD where Sierra is currently installed on. I tried booting and extracting from USB,also did not work. Are they really nescessary? Cant you work with those from yesterday?

If you extracted yesterday, I don't see why you can't today.
I will not look at old files (there is no way for me to insure you didn't change a BIOS option since yesterday).
You can figure it out.

I just found extracted Origin files on my USB installer flash drive,but they are 2 hours old so I really don't know.. I will try to get those from HDD.

I just found extracted Origin files on my USB installer flash drive,but they are 2 hours old so I really don't know.. I will try to get those from HDD.

It is easy to verify whether Clover is writing new files or not.
Delete all files from ACPI/origin (but not the origin folder) before using F4.

Alright. I did not realize I cant boot with edited DSDT in Patched. Now extraction worked but they are dated 2 hours before,again. And I think I know why, BIOS time is 2 hours behind (happens when I dual boot with Linux/OSX and Windows on separate drives). Here they are.

Attachments

• origin.zip
    41.2 KB · Views: 50
I'm going to try to re-edit DSDT from this extract with right maciASL version.

Alright. I did not realize I cant boot with edited DSDT in Patched. Now extraction worked but they are dated 2 hours before,again.

The difference is likely due to difference between GMT(UTC) and local time.

Here they are.

ACPI/origin files must accompany the EFI/Clover as part of "Problem Reporting".
I don't have the time to chase around for related files.

Also required is a clear statement of the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back