Contribute
Register

Can’t airdrop from hackintosh to iPhone

Yes, I’ve already updated them
I use to have this problem also. But now it works. Some bluetooth adapters can comunicate only with one device at the same time even when sync to multiple devices.. Few exceptions could be devices with low bandwith data like mouse with keyboard. I was using a Logitech K600. This keyboard has a switch to connect to three diferent devices. I suspect that because of this it uses more bandwith resulting in Airdrop problems. The solution for me was to disconect the keyboard from the bluetooth side. Then I plug-in the wifi dongle that comes included with the keyboard. I then turn off bluetooth on hackintosh and then open finder and clicked on Airdrop. From within the Airdrop tab I clicked turn bluetooth and it start working for the first time with no issues. I hope this helps anybody with this same problem. Cheers.

Were you ever able to find a solution to this problem? I have the identical issue.

Were you ever able to find a solution to this problem? I have the identical issue.
I can't find any solution yet.

But a strange thing happened when I wake my hackintosh from sleep. My iPhone can't see my hack to airdrop anymore but my hack can see my iPhone to airdrop. So I tap, and to my suprise, my hack just airdrop a file to my iPhone for the first time. Before I try doing that, "Volume hash mismatch" appear so I think bluetooth got messed up and somehow made it work vice versa.
But after a restart, the problem returns.

Hi
Were you able to find the solution for this?

Back