i5-6500
Graphics
RX 560
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I’m using a mPCIe AzureWave AW-CE123H wifi card with BCM94352HMB chipset with Bluetooth 4.0. I can use all continuity features but just from iPhone to my hackintosh.
I can airdrop from my iPhone but not from my hackintosh. Handoff works one way also. Continuity camera doesn’t work, unless I plug my iPhone into my hackintosh usb port. I go to system information and found out that my Bluetooth is showing THIRD_PARTY_DONGLE
How do I fix this?
I’ve been using all latest kexts
1659690023041.png

Have you checked the following:
  • Your Bluetooth is discoverable from your Hack, image above says it's not!
  • You have set AirDrop to 'Everyone', not 'Contacts Only' on your Hack.
  • You have selected 'Handoff' in System Preferences > General tab.
I assume you are using the same Apple ID on both devices.

Which version of macOS are you running on your Hack?
Which Bluetooth kexts are you using?
Are they correct for the version of macOS you are running?

Have you checked the following:
  • Your Bluetooth is discoverable from your Hack, image above says it's not!
  • You have set AirDrop to 'Everyone', not 'Contacts Only' on your Hack.
  • You have selected 'Handoff' in System Preferences > General tab.
I assume you are using the same Apple ID on both devices.

Which version of macOS are you running on your Hack?
Which Bluetooth kexts are you using?
Are they correct for the version of macOS you are running?
I’ve checked and here’re my results:
  • My Bluetooth is working properly and discoverable. I can connect to my headphones without problems
  • I can airdrop from my iPhone to my Hack without problems. My Hack shows my iPhone but my iPhone doesn’t react when I choose to airdrop to it
  • Handoff works but only shows apps from my iPhone on the Dock. My iPhone doesn’t show apps from my Hack in the app switcher
So everything works but only from my iPhone side
I’m running MacOS Monterey 12.5 and BlueToolFixup, BrcmPatchRAM3, and BrcmFirmwareData

Handoff can be very tempermental. Worth trying the following. Turn off handoff on both devices. Sign out of icloud on both devices. restart both devices. Sign into icloud on your hack. Sign into icloud on your phone. Enable handoff on the hack. Enable handoff on the phone.

This procedure would usually solve handoff issues for me.

Airdrop was always flaky for me on my hack, sometimes worked, sometimes not. Purchasing an M1 mac mini solved my issues :lol:

Handoff can be very tempermental. Worth trying the following. Turn off handoff on both devices. Sign out of icloud on both devices. restart both devices. Sign into icloud on your hack. Sign into icloud on your phone. Enable handoff on the hack. Enable handoff on the phone.

This procedure would usually solve handoff issues for me.

Airdrop was always flaky for me on my hack, sometimes worked, sometimes not. Purchasing an M1 mac mini solved my issues :lol:
Thanks for your suggestion. I've tried that but to no avail, my hack can see other apple devices but when I tap them to airdrop, those devices doesn't react or do anything. But those devices can airdrop and send files to my hack normally. Handoff working just like that.
If I have opportunity, I would buy a real Mac to solve this issue, too.

If your Bluetooth is Discoverable on the Hack, why does the screenshot of the Bluetooth report from System Information that you provided above in post #1 say that it is OFF?

Screenshot 2022-08-07 at 23.41.16.png

Have a look at this post, alternative Bluetooth kext used to fix issues in Monterey.

I
If your Bluetooth is Discoverable on the Hack, why does the screenshot of the Bluetooth report from System Information that you provided above in post #1 say that it is OFF?

View attachment 552767
I don’t know. But my other devices and even my windows laptop can still pair and send files through Bluetooth to my Hack

Have you updated the three kexts you are using for the Bluetooth to the latest version 2.6.3?

Have you updated the three kexts you are using for the Bluetooth to the latest version 2.6.3?
Yes, I’ve already updated them

Back