Contribute
Register

Cant Adjust graphics Brightness?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have not applied the patches to your DSDT as shown in post #4.

BTW, you also have NullCPUPowerManagement loading.

I patch it again and get the IOREG.
I followed exactly your instructions. About the nullpowermanagement. I tend to fix things one at a time so that i can track the exact problem. I'll deal with nullpowermanagement right after i fix the graphics problem im having.

Im not sure though but does fixing the powermanagement will also affect my graphics problem?

Attachments

• IOREG2.zip
    365.3 KB · Views: 79
I patch it again and get the IOREG.
I followed exactly your instructions. About the nullpowermanagement. I tend to fix things one at a time so that i can track the exact problem. I'll deal with nullpowermanagement right after i fix the graphics problem im having.

Im not sure though but does fixing the powermanagement will also affect my graphics problem?

DSDT looks correct now. But you should be using GraphicsEnabler=No. And no IGPEnabler, no IGPlatformID if you have those.

What have you installed with Multibeast? Are you running stock AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext? Hopefully you did not install the "Intel Graphics Patch for Mixed Configurations." If so, you'll need to correct that.

Try those things, repair permissions & rebuild cache, and next time you provide an ioreg, boot with "-f" prior to collecting the ioreg dump.

DSDT looks correct now. But you should be using GraphicsEnabler=No. And no IGPEnabler, no IGPlatformID if you have those.

What have you installed with Multibeast? Are you running stock AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext? Hopefully you did not install the "Intel Graphics Patch for Mixed Configurations." If so, you'll need to correct that.

Try those things, repair permissions & rebuild cache, and next time you provide an ioreg, boot with "-f" prior to collecting the ioreg dump.

Hi.

I unfortunately i cant boot on GraphicsEnabler=No. Because i always got stuck on SNB Framebuffer unload error. You said on post #6 that i should start a fresh install. Is that the only way?

Im not sure what do you mean by Intel Graphics Patch for mixed configuation. Sorry. From what i remember I didnt install any Intel Graphics Patch kext.

I boot with -f and paste my IoReg

Attachments

• IOreg.zip
    400.5 KB · Views: 63
Hi.

I unfortunately i cant boot on GraphicsEnabler=No. Because i always got stuck on SNB Framebuffer unload error. You said on post #6 that i should start a fresh install. Is that the only way?

Im not sure what do you mean by Intel Graphics Patch for mixed configuation. Sorry. From what i remember I didnt install any Intel Graphics Patch kext.

I boot with -f and paste my IoReg

Your AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext is damaged (there is no binary at Contents/MacOS/AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB). You can see this clearly in your bootlog (use bdmesg in Terminal after booting with "-f"). Restore it to the vanilla kext.

You should probably check the other Intel related kexts to be sure they are intact.

Your AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext is damaged (there is no binary at Contents/MacOS/AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB). You can see this clearly in your bootlog (use bdmesg in Terminal after booting with "-f"). Restore it to the vanilla kext.

You should probably check the other Intel related kexts to be sure they are intact.

Hi. I start again and reinstall the OSX 10.8. I Then I install all the needed kext from multibeast but this time i am sure that the Intel Graphics patch is not check. Then I follow your instructions about the dsdt patching. After patching I reboot with -f.

I tried the GraphicsEnabler=No but i got this error
2013-10-19 17.03.50.jpg

So i have to boot with -f GraphicsEnabler=Yes.
Here is the image of my chameleon boot
screenshot_01.jpg

And also I've attached my IOReg dump.

I follow exactly the instructions here and yours. What part am I missing?

Attachments

• IOregDump.zip
    380.1 KB · Views: 61
Hi. I start again and reinstall the OSX 10.8. I Then I install all the needed kext from multibeast but this time i am sure that the Intel Graphics patch is not check. Then I follow your instructions about the dsdt patching. After patching I reboot with -f.

I tried the GraphicsEnabler=No but i got this error
View attachment 70226

So i have to boot with -f GraphicsEnabler=Yes.
Here is the image of my chameleon boot
View attachment 70227

And also I've attached my IOReg dump.

I follow exactly the instructions here and yours. What part am I missing?

Same problem as last time, except this time, even more files are missing.

Here is from your bootlog:
Code:
Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,2)/System/Library/Extensions/AppleHWSensor.kext/Contents/Info.plist] 2267 bytes.
Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,2)/System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext/Contents/Info.plist] 2324 bytes.
Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,2)/System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementClient.kext/Contents/Info.plist] 2435 bytes.
Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,2)/System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelHD3000Graphics.kext/Contents/Info.plist] 2729 bytes.
Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,2)/System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelHD4000Graphics.kext/Contents/Info.plist] 2619 bytes.
Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,2)/System/Library/Extensions/AppleIRController.kext/Contents/Info.plist] 5670 bytes.
Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,2)/System/Library/Extensions/AppleKeyStore.kext/Contents/Info.plist] 2245 bytes.
Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,2)/System/Library/Extensions/AppleKeyswitch.kext/Contents/Info.plist] 2722 bytes.
Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,2)/System/Library/Extensions/AppleLPC.kext/Contents/Info.plist] 4045 bytes.

Note there is no AppleIntenSNBGraphicsFB.kext...

What is your procedure for installing?

Same problem as last time, except this time, even more files are missing.

Here is from your bootlog:
Code:
Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,2)/System/Library/Extensions/AppleHWSensor.kext/Contents/Info.plist] 2267 bytes.
Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,2)/System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext/Contents/Info.plist] 2324 bytes.
Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,2)/System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementClient.kext/Contents/Info.plist] 2435 bytes.
Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,2)/System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelHD3000Graphics.kext/Contents/Info.plist] 2729 bytes.
Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,2)/System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelHD4000Graphics.kext/Contents/Info.plist] 2619 bytes.
Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,2)/System/Library/Extensions/AppleIRController.kext/Contents/Info.plist] 5670 bytes.
Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,2)/System/Library/Extensions/AppleKeyStore.kext/Contents/Info.plist] 2245 bytes.
Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,2)/System/Library/Extensions/AppleKeyswitch.kext/Contents/Info.plist] 2722 bytes.
Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,2)/System/Library/Extensions/AppleLPC.kext/Contents/Info.plist] 4045 bytes.

Note there is no AppleIntenSNBGraphicsFB.kext...

What is your procedure for installing?

HI,
Thank you very much for being patient and helping me up to this point.
My procedure for installing is that I removed all the kext that has something to do about the graphics. Then I keep patching my dsdt even though i havent install back the removed kext. So maybe thats the reason why i cant boot to GraphicsEnabler =No.

So I install back the AppleintelHD* and SNB* kext. Then I patch it thanks to your dsdt then I finally got it working. I can now adjust the graphics brightness.

This is off topic because of my title but i'll take this chance if okay.

About the power management I follow the instructions up to this part
Code:
That should give you Sandy Bridge CPU power management (without  TurboBoost), plus a bootloader and a starter /Extra folder.  You can  reboot and test booting directly from your HDD at this point.
Because on the next step it talks about the SSDT for HP probook. Should i still follow this? because mine is pavilion.

And also about the
Code:
TurboBoost
Do i have to install that? sorry Im not really sure what is TurboBoost.

I've also attached my IoReg dump. If okay can you check it if i have successfully build a hackintosh? Or im still missing something? Because the guide doesnt tell anything after installing all the kext from multibeast.

Thank you very much RehabMan.

Attachments

• IOregFinal.zip
    378.5 KB · Views: 63
HI,
Thank you very much for being patient and helping me up to this point.
My procedure for installing is that I removed all the kext that has something to do about the graphics. Then I keep patching my dsdt even though i havent install back the removed kext. So maybe thats the reason why i cant boot to GraphicsEnabler =No.

So I install back the AppleintelHD* and SNB* kext. Then I patch it thanks to your dsdt then I finally got it working. I can now adjust the graphics brightness.

Yes, when you remove kexts from the USB to get the install working, those removals must carry over into the final install, so you have to restore them from backup.

This is off topic because of my title but i'll take this chance if okay.

About the power management I follow the instructions up to this part
Code:
That should give you Sandy Bridge CPU power management (without  TurboBoost), plus a bootloader and a starter /Extra folder.  You can  reboot and test booting directly from your HDD at this point.
Because on the next step it talks about the SSDT for HP probook. Should i still follow this? because mine is pavilion.

The SSDT generator in the ProBook Installer is not specific to the ProBook. In fact, it can be used on any computer laptop or desktop.

And also about the
Code:
TurboBoost
Do i have to install that? sorry Im not really sure what is TurboBoost.

TurboBoost is the ability of the CPU to ramp the clock multiplier higher than the nominal clock rate for short periods and depending on the number of cores in use. It is a feature only available on i5 and i7 CPUs. The SSDT provides the information necessary to enable this feature.

I've also attached my IoReg dump. If okay can you check it if i have successfully build a hackintosh? Or im still missing something? Because the guide doesnt tell anything after installing all the kext from multibeast.

From the ioreg, comments:
- MacBookPro8,1 would be a better choice for a laptop than MacPro3,1 (it will enable AirPlay, and better power management, for example)
- Looks like you have working Ethernet
- Working HD3000 graphics
- Audio is loaded via VoodooHDA (patched AppleHDA usually has better results, but is more difficult to implement)
- No WiFi yet.
- No battery status yet... Need: ACPIBatteryManager: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-ACPI-Battery-Driver, and DSDT patch "HP DV7-7xxx"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back