Nvidia 630M 2Gig
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Windows Phone
  2. Other
Can someone help me how to adjust my graphics brightness? I followed some instructions on net and even editing my DSDT but still not working? Pls help..

Need more information:
- what have you tried? PNLF DSDT patch? Does SysPrefs->Displays show brightness slider? ACPIBacklight.kext?
- post DSDT or ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html
-detailed hardware specs

Hi.
Here is my hardware spec. Its also indicated on my profile.
4g ram type DDR3
500-HDD SATA-AHCI
Chipset: Sandy bridge
Bios Brand: Insyde - HP
Mother board model: 181B
GPU: Intel HD 3000
Chipset: HM77
i5-2450M
Nvidia 630M 2Gig
Ive also attach the IOreg.

Im also using the GenericBrightness.kext from here http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/236835-updated-2012-genericbrightnesskext/
Thanks.

Attachments

• IOREG.ioreg
    1.4 MB · Views: 126
  • report.rar
    13 KB · Views: 79
Hi.
Here is my hardware spec. Its also indicated on my profile.
4g ram type DDR3
500-HDD SATA-AHCI
Chipset: Sandy bridge
Bios Brand: Insyde - HP
Mother board model: 181B
GPU: Intel HD 3000
Chipset: HM77
i5-2450M
Nvidia 630M 2Gig
Ive also attach the IOreg.

Thanks.

The problem is you do not have working HD3000 graphics yet (I would guess your system is Optimus so you won't be able to use the Nvidia 630 on OS X -- it is best to disable it in BIOS).

The reason your HD3K is not working is because you have Sandy Bridge CPU on a 7-series chipset. For that scenario, you need to do some special DSDT patching.

See this link for my laptop DSDT patch repo: https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch

With MaciASL, patch your DSDT as follows:
- Open MaciASL, it will load your system DSDT
- click Compile, note error with TNOT
- click Patch, you should see the laptop patch repo displayed
- select "Fix TNOT Error", click Apply
- select "HD3000 Low Resolution" (I'm assuming your display is 1366x768), click Apply
- select "HD3000 on 7-series", click Apply
- select "Brightness fix", click Apply
- click Close, then Save As to /Extra/dsdt.aml, format: ACPI Machine Language Binary

Next, verify you have GraphicsEnabler set to No in your /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist

Also, I notice you are booting with cpus=1. You should instead use all cores of your CPU by using the KernelPatcher module from Chameleon. You can install it with Chameleon Wizard.

Also, you should implement proper power management, since I see you are using NullCPUPowerManagement (not really appropriate for a laptop). See: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...nagement-sandy-bridge-ivy-bridge-laptops.html

Optionally, for better power management, you can rename GFX0 to IGPU in your DSDT. Use the "Rename GFX0 to IGPU" DSDT patch.

The problem is you do not have working HD3000 graphics yet (I would guess your system is Optimus so you won't be able to use the Nvidia 630 on OS X -- it is best to disable it in BIOS).

The reason your HD3K is not working is because you have Sandy Bridge CPU on a 7-series chipset. For that scenario, you need to do some special DSDT patching.

See this link for my laptop DSDT patch repo: https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch

With MaciASL, patch your DSDT as follows:
- Open MaciASL, it will load your system DSDT
- click Compile, note error with TNOT
- click Patch, you should see the laptop patch repo displayed
- select "Fix TNOT Error", click Apply
- select "HD3000 Low Resolution" (I'm assuming your display is 1366x768), click Apply
- select "HD3000 on 7-series", click Apply
- select "Brightness fix", click Apply
- click Close, then Save As to /Extra/dsdt.aml, format: ACPI Machine Language Binary

Hi.
I followed your instructions and patch dsdt by download mciasl then adding your sources.
I also add the kernel patcher on chameleon wizard then uncheck the GraphicsEnabler then i reboot
But i always got stuck on
Code:
SNB Framebuffer did not show up, unload

So I have no choice but to boot with GraphicsEnabler=Yes.
I have no default graphics adjuster so i downloaded the NoSlider i found on insanelymac but it didnt work.
Also i notice that everytime i open maciasl and compile i always got the TNOT error. I patch my dsdt several times to be sure but after i restart and open maciasl again then compile that error is always there. Is that normal everytime i patch my dsdt?

Thanks

Hi.
I followed your instructions and patch dsdt by download mciasl then adding your sources.
I also add the kernel patcher on chameleon wizard then uncheck the GraphicsEnabler then i reboot
But i always got stuck on
Code:
SNB Framebuffer did not show up, unload

So I have no choice but to boot with GraphicsEnabler=Yes.

Make sure you start over with a fresh install.
And after you do that, if you have an issue, post a quality photo booting with "-v"

I have no default graphics adjuster so i downloaded the NoSlider i found on insanelymac but it didnt work.

You need to get HD3000 graphics working first.

Also i notice that everytime i open maciasl and compile i always got the TNOT error. I patch my dsdt several times to be sure but after i restart and open maciasl again then compile that error is always there. Is that normal everytime i patch my dsdt?

Yes, that is normal. I believe it is a bug in iasl, the program that is used by MaciASL to disassemble the DSDT.

Make sure you start over with a fresh install.

You need to get HD3000 graphics working first.

Thats really confusing because i check the kextstat and my hd3000 kext is loaded. so why it doesnt work?
:(

Hi.
I've attached my IOREG dump..
I hope that help.

You have not applied the patches to your DSDT as shown in post #4.

BTW, you also have NullCPUPowerManagement loading.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back