Contribute
Register

Can’t access tonymac from home wifi….

Status
Not open for further replies.
Obviously if your IP address is blocked then you must provide the IP address so that it can be unblocked.

Use the 'Contact Us' link at the bottom of the page.
Thank you. :)

Hi! So I received the reply that my service provider has been blocked from Tonymacx86 due to the volume of attacks toward this site originating from it. So sorry to hear about that. Really surprised that someone out in Japan is attacking Tonymacx86 website?!?!?!?

Aside from tethering to my phone at home to access Tonymacx86 or changing my ISP, any other workaround suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

The service provider that I use here in Tokyo—SoftBank—they are probably the most popular company here for home wifi. Just about everyone I know in Tokyo actually uses this service provider at home. So, I think that means that this website is probably blocking a high percent of the population in Tokyo (perhaps much Japan) from accessing Tonymacx86 from home wifi…. :(

No personal info is posted in the attachment below. Millions of people here use SoftBank home wifi. I hope that there is another workaround.

Attachments

• 3F756744-EA1A-44DC-8FF9-A755A8312800.jpeg
    3F756744-EA1A-44DC-8FF9-A755A8312800.jpeg
    272.7 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
Hi! So I received the reply that my service provider has been blocked from Tonymacx86 due to the volume of attacks toward this site originating from it. So sorry to hear about that. Really surprised that someone out in Japan is attacking Tonymacx86 website?!?!?!?

Aside from tethering to my phone at home to access Tonymacx86 or changing my ISP, any other workaround suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

The service provider that I use here in Tokyo—SoftBank—they are probably the most popular company here for home wifi. Just about everyone I know in Tokyo actually uses this service provider at home. So, I think that means that this website is probably blocking a high percent of the population in Tokyo (perhaps much Japan) from accessing Tonymacx86 from home wifi…. :(

No personal info is posted in the attachment below. Millions of people here use SoftBank home wifi. I hope that there is another workaround.

I feel you... Recently, one of my VPNs got blocked for the same reason and my laptop is always connected to that VPN... So, I can no longer access the site from my laptop...

I feel you... Recently, one of my VPNs got blocked for the same reason and my laptop is always connected to that VPN... So, I can no longer access the site from my laptop...
That VPN provider has been labeled as "a potentially very high fraud risk ISP." To keep this site operational and prevent any loss of data we are blocking them and all the others that attack us.

For example, yesterday we saw 798 packets from 534 hosts (28 packets from a single host) attempting to ssh into our server. The day before, 1129 packets from 742 hosts (34 from a single host). We also saw 161 packets from 117 hosts attempting to ftp into our server yesterday and 169 packets from 143 hosts the day before. Then there are all of the distributed login attacks against our mail server. So the issue of attacks against us is wide spread and something we take extremely seriously.

It's too bad that ISP's don't enforce their terms of service and prevent/block malicious activities.

Okay, I’ll tether to my iPhone to visit for now.

I am sure getting attacked is a huge pain for Tonymacx86…….. just too bad a handful of rotten apples is spoiling it for the entire orchard, if you know what mean……

There is something called “rentai sekinin” in traditional Japanese culture. It translates to “collective responsibility,” and is demonstrated by punishing an entire a group for the wrongdoings of one or a few individuals within the group….. pretty strict and severe part of the culture here.

Essentially, this website is responding to the problem with the principle of “rentai sekinin”— you’ve banned most of Tokyo home wifi from accessing this website because of a handful of bad actors…... But, I get it. You gotta do what you gotta do to keep your website up and running.

Okay, I’ll tether to my iPhone to visit for now.

I am sure getting attacked is a huge pain for Tonymacx86…….. just too bad a handful of rotten apples is spoiling it for the entire orchard, if you know what mean……

There is something called “rentai sekinin” in traditional Japanese culture. It translates to “collective responsibility,” and is demonstrated by punishing an entire a group for the wrongdoings of one or a few individuals within the group….. pretty strict and severe part of the culture here.

Essentially, this website is responding to the problem with the principle of “rentai sekinin”— you’ve banned most of Tokyo home wifi from accessing this website because of a handful of bad actors…... But, I get it. You gotta do what you gotta do to keep your website up and running.
This is fascinating, and I think I agree with this way of thinking. Sadly, I don't think Americans understand this at all, given the obsession with individual freedoms

@MacMan I've sent a message with my IP using the contact form, as @P1LGRIM instructed.
Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back