CPU
i7-9750H
Graphics
GTX 1650, 3840x2160
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I tried to search the forum but can't find this topic.
Sorry for the photos instead of screenshots!

So I have MacOS Catalina installed on Dell XPS 7590. I can't migrate my system using time machine and migration assistant, it gets stuck at the beginning (on preparing the data or searching for incompatible programs), even though I succeeded once in the past (I reainstalled the system many times on my XPS before getting everything right). I'd like to keep trying but...I run out of space. I have 3 partitions (macOS, macOS - Data and untilted (visible as blank in disk utility on my photos), which is a windows partition. As you can see - the space is taken, I can't access it in anyway though. Can't find the way to delete these data, free up space etc. Can't see the macOS disks in finder.
Any ideas on how to solve it without formatting it and reinstalling the system?
Also - has anybody encountered the same problem with time machine? Getting stuck for some hours and quitting unexpectedly, while occupying space on the hard drive?

If you need more information about my Dell, some screenshots from diskutil in terminal or anything else - please let me know.

Attachments

• IMG_20191210_121538.jpg
    IMG_20191210_121538.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 20
  • IMG_20191210_121546.jpg
    IMG_20191210_121546.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 20
  • IMG_20191210_121618.jpg
    IMG_20191210_121618.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 23
EDIT - I managed to access the disk MACOS. MACOS - data is still unavailable and this is the one which is almost full :(
Can't go through time machine part though ;(

Last edited:
EDIT - I managed to access the disk MACOS. MACOS - data is still unavailable and this is the one which is almost full :(
Can't go through time machine part though ;(
going by your hardware profile.... oh wait....

As per rules, please update your hardware profile to allow others to help you easier

please read the faq for proper hardware profile setup:

Sorry sir, and it's done, note sure about the motherboard though....

Sorry sir, and it's done, note sure about the motherboard though....
as the faq mentions, you pop in your laptop make and model like i have done:

<------

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back