ASUS GTX970 STRIX
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello everyone !

I would like to update my "PC" from El Capitain to Sierra.

Steps I made :

1. Change SMBIOS definition from Mac Pro 3.1 to iMac 16.2 (my config don't works with 17.1, if I remember i have issue with nvidia web driver).
  2. Download update Mac OS X Sierra from Apple Store
  3. Start it
  4. Restart and select "Install OS X" in clover, pc restart quickly after the beginning
  5. Restart and select "Install OS X" in clover, with nv_disable=1
  6. Then, the install stucks after maybe 1 min, i try to run in -v mode, i have this screen :
    -v20161102_080421.jpg
    remove network cable and start in -v -x mode
    -x-v20161102_081449.jpg
Still not working... (in graphic mode, i'm stuck on a black screen with the Apple logo and a loading bar (filled maybe with 5%)

Any idea how i can install the update ?

Best regards
Flo17

Last edited:
I will try this tonight :

2. Open Clover configuration folder on the root of your system drive or EFI Partition using EFI Mounter v3. Copy FakeSMC.kext and any other extra necessary kexts to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/. If you need essential kexts, download them here.

5. When Clover boot screen appears, choose Boot macOS Install option (Example: Boot macOS Install from Macintosh HD). Choosing your system drive will go back to your previous installation without updating. Press spacebar to enter Boot Options and choose Without Caches option and/or Inject Kexts option then Boot Mac OS X with selected options.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back