Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING
CPU
i7-6700k
Graphics
GTX 980
Hello, I have a problem updating to High Sierra 10.13.1.
This is what I've done:
- I had installed Sierra then updated to High Sierra 10.13.0 which worked almost fine(because it somehow corrupted my partition and repaired it via Disk Utility and it worked)
- Then 10.13.1 was available and updated to this version. This is where the problem begins. It installed the update then I could not boot because it seems that it corrupted my partition again. I received something that "The volume was modified. Could not unmount the volume for repair."
- After this I tried to fresh install 10.13.1 but after copying the files to my partition, restart and booted to install macOS, after a few minutes I receive "Could not instal macOS on your computer. Cannot unmount volume for repair.: error appears.
- Because it didn't worked I successfully fresh installed again macOS Sierra and tried to update directly to 10.13.1 but with the same error as above.

My system is: Asus z170 pro gaming with i7-6700k, gtx980 and 16gb ddr4 ripjaws and a standard 2tb HDD.

I attached my CLOVER folder with all the kexts and config.plist.

If you know how to resolve this I'll appreciate the help. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    2 MB · Views: 100
Try adding apfs.efi to your /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI folder.
As you have Nvidia graphics you should not be injecting Intel in your config.plist.
SMBIOS is incomplete - Firmware details required.
Edit config.plist - NvidiaWeb = true as per Link

Try adding apfs.efi to your /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI folder.
As you have Nvidia graphics you should not be injecting Intel in your config.plist.
SMBIOS is incomplete - Firmware details required.
Edit config.plist - NvidiaWeb = true as per Link

Tried this, still the same. Please take a look at the attachment. Also changed to iMac 17.1 for skylake compatibility.
How to add firmware details? Sierra works with this config....
Regarding afps.efi, is it not only for SSD's? I only have a normal HDD.

Added error screenshot. Sorry for picture orientation...

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 68
  • C97F601F-1DE2-491A-9DBB-5F59D7B6AFD4.jpeg
    C97F601F-1DE2-491A-9DBB-5F59D7B6AFD4.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 258
Last edited:
You can try to drop the MATS table.
At Clover Boot Screen select Options > ACPI Patching > Tables dropping > Drop MATS
Enable config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Fixes/FixHeaders=true
Now you have an Intel ig-platform-id (0x19120000) - Not required.
SMBIOS needs firmware information updating :

Firmware.png

Inject Kexts should be Detect not Yes.

Kexts should be in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other only (Not 10.13).

You can try to drop the MATS table.
At Clover Boot Screen select Options > ACPI Patching > Tables dropping > Drop MATS
Enable config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Fixes/FixHeaders=true
Now you have an Intel ig-platform-id (0x19120000) - Not required.
SMBIOS needs firmware information updating :

View attachment 294262

Inject Kexts should be Detect not Yes.

Kexts should be in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other only (Not 10.13).

Should I update my firmware details with the ones in your screenshot?
I don't have "Drop MATS" option there.

You could, or you could let Clover Configurator do it for you.

View attachment 294266

I enabled fix headers but I don't have any MATS entry, only the ones you see in this picture.

I also let clover generate my firmware details. Still the same issue. But without dropping MATS because it's not in my entry list.

Please check this attached clover with the changes.

Attachments

• 4A2DF0E5-EE80-4B6B-814E-1CFD8C4AE389.jpeg
    4A2DF0E5-EE80-4B6B-814E-1CFD8C4AE389.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 363
  • CLOVER.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 74
Last edited:
I enabled fix headers but I don't have any MATS entry, only the ones you see in this picture.
No need to worry about MATS your firmware doesn't have it. Use Clover defaults for SMBIOS, firmware features etc. just provide the ProductName and serials - Clover configurator has nothing useful to add that isn't built in to the bootloader. Setting CsrActiveConfig to something like 3FF to allow everything may help, again this is built in to the bootloader - why choose an arbitrary set of flags especially when installing, unless you know what a real mac firmware would be setting in the same situation? And even then.

Attachments

• config.plist
    6.5 KB · Views: 284
No need to worry about MATS your firmware doesn't have it. Use Clover defaults for SMBIOS, firmware features etc. just provide the ProductName and serials - Clover configurator has nothing useful to add that isn't built in to the bootloader. Setting CsrActiveConfig to something like 3FF to allow everything may help, again this is built in to the bootloader - why choose an arbitrary set of flags especially when installing, unless you know what a real mac firmware would be setting in the same situation? And even then.

Thank you both. @vulgo, I also tried with your config file and I end up in the same place... Don't know what is with this version of high sierra..

Any other help ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back