Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Z370 XP SLI
CPU
i7 8700k
Graphics
GTX 1060
Hey all,

I'm currently on Mojave, prepping to update to Big Sur. Got all my ducks in a row in terms of updating firmware, patching ACPI after firmware update, and making sure all my apps are 64bit compatible. Now the hard part.

I have tried multiple system definitions from iMac Pro 1,1 to iMac 18,1 18,2 18,3 19,1 19,2. All of these clear the verbose boot stage but then the monitor shuts off as if its no longer getting a signal from the GPU (AMD RX580). If I go back to 14,2 then everything is fine again and no issues.

Any ideas of what could be causing this? Any clues surrounding a fix? config.plist attached in case it's instructive.

Attachments

• config.plist
    8.7 KB · Views: 49
In the newer versions of Clover the folder structure has changed, make sure that you have all of your drivers in the new location. /EFI/CLOVER/drivers/UEFI.

There is also the addition of a Quirks section in the config.plist which means that you cannot just take your old config.plist and use it with newer versions of Clover.

Rather than learning the newer variations of Clover which incorporate elements of the OpenCore boot loader, it would be better to switch to OpenCore now which is better documented/supported.

If you want to update Clover safely then do it on USB leaving your current installation intact.

Yikes okay. Will switching to OpenCore require a fresh install or is it relatively safe to switch with an existing setup?
It's a boot loader so no need to reinstall the OS.

Do it on a USB flash drive and then nothing changes on your hard drive.
When it is running smoothly you can install to the hard drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back