Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
AsRock Fata1ity Z270 Gaming ITX
CPU
i5-7500
Graphics
WX5100
I had to do a fresh reinstall of Big Sur due to my hard drive failing. I created the OpenCore USB but when I turn on the PC and the OpenCore option pop up, I do not see "Install Big Sur" option on it. Please see pic. My EFI is also attached. I have tried to look for solutions but I cannot seem to find one. The only one I found was to set ScanPolicy to 0 but it is already set to that. It's probably something small that I am overlooking. Before I added the OpenCore EFI I checked to see if I can see the installer on my MacBook as a bootable USB and it can see it as an option in case my USB Installer was corrupted. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

This is for my main build with AsRock Z270 ITX.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    6.2 MB · Views: 59
  • IMG_0749.JPG
    IMG_0749.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 60
Last edited:
See if resetting the NVRAM helps. OpenCore comes with a tool for this which you'd need to place in your `efi\oc\tools` folder.

Last edited by a moderator:
See if resetting the NVRAM helps. OpenCore comes with a tool for this which you'd need to place in your `efi\oc\tools` folder.
I tried that. Did not work. I am definitely lost on this one.

Do you still have the old drive that was failing? If so (and if the EFI partition is intact), try copying that EFI folder to the EFI partition of the new drive (or the usb installer). If it boots as expected with that, then you'll know it was most likely a problem with OpenCore – if it gives the same problem, then the Big Sur installer might be corrupt. This also assumes that your BIOS is still setup as it was previously.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you still have the old drive that was failing? If so (and if the EFI partition is intact), try copying that EFI folder to the EFI partition of the new drive (or the usb installer). If it boots as expected with that, then you'll know it was most likely a problem with OpenCore – if it gives the same problem, then the Big Sur installer might be corrupt. This also assumes that your BIOS is still setup as it was previously.
Drive failed and I lost everything. I should have kept a copy of it. Lessoned learned. I decided to download Big Sur again on a different device and something I didn't notice either was that I was using an older version of ProperTree. Not sure if this was the difference or downloading Big Sur from another source but I have "solved" the issue. Now I have another issue that I have to post. Thanks for your input!

Drive failed and I lost everything. I should have kept a copy of it. Lessoned learned. I decided to download Big Sur again on a different device and something I didn't notice either was that I was using an older version of ProperTree. Not sure if this was the difference or downloading Big Sur from another source but I have "solved" the issue. Now I have another issue that I have to post. Thanks for your input!
Yes, ProperTree was only recently updated. It seems the older version would strip some modifications made to config.plist (when making changes to conform with OpenCore updated requirements). I'd only be guessing to say that could have caused the specific problem you were having, but it surely wouldn't have helped.

Glad you have it working, in any case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back