Graphics
HD3000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Customac Mini GA-H67-USB3 Build with CPU upgrade to i7 and using onboard HD3000.

Don't know how to get around this.

Installed 10.7.2 clean (not via SL) from Unibeast Drive. Worked great, now cannot reboot past grey screen with working mouse and apple logo.

The only way I can get to this screen is by using "-v GraphicsEnabler=No."
-x (safe mode) always makes it impossible for the comp to recognize boot drives for some reason (Still waiting on root device boot freeze every time)
It shows up AFTER the entire bootloader runs in verbose and shows me everything, then freezes after loading the OS intro screen so there is no "problem text" available since it is happening in verbose mode after all commands have been run.

It seems that maybe some Multibeast options would fix the problem but obviously I can't install any of them since I cannot get back into the Lion install to run Multibeast ON the Lion install. Chicken and egg.

WTF mate? Halp?

ParkerJoe said:
Customac Mini GA-H67-USB3 Build with CPU upgrade to i7 and using onboard HD3000.

Don't know how to get around this.

Installed 10.7.2 clean (not via SL) from Unibeast Drive. Worked great, now cannot reboot past grey screen with working mouse and apple logo.

The only way I can get to this screen is by using "-v GraphicsEnabler=No."
-x (safe mode) always makes it impossible for the comp to recognize boot drives for some reason (Still waiting on root device boot freeze every time)
It shows up AFTER the entire bootloader runs in verbose and shows me everything, then freezes after loading the OS intro screen so there is no "problem text" available since it is happening in verbose mode after all commands have been run.

It seems that maybe some Multibeast options would fix the problem but obviously I can't install any of them since I cannot get back into the Lion install to run Multibeast ON the Lion install. Chicken and egg.

WTF mate? Halp?

If you have a bootable backup HDD, you can boot that up to run MB and just change the install location. Not sure if it's the fix you need, but worth a shot.

I have similar issue with the ga-h67n-usb3-b3 and i5-2500k using onboard HD3000, boots to apple screen with spinning clock then the clock freezes and nothing else. If i boot with GraphicsEnabler=No then it boots all the way but obviously without HD3000 working. This is from 10.6.6 upgraded to 10.7.2. I was having issues in SL too, could never get HD3000 to work, tried many MB settings that others said worked for this motherboard, so thought I would try it with Lion and MB 4.1 but having same results...

Same Boat here, using HD3000. The build log is in my signature. I guess I will make sure I run MultiBeast before I restart

=============

Reinstalled and made sure that I run MultiBeast before restart. Works now.

Thanks for the help, looks like I shot myself in the foot and didn't know it!

I learned the following, this may help you guys out:

1) I messed up, had the i7 2600 and NOT the 2600K. Therefore no HD3000. Dropped a GeForce 9400gt graphics card in my PCIe and it booted up just fine in pretty big (1920) resolution. So it is definitely graphics related.

2) If you're using the Intel CPU's, the only way to use onboard graphics is with the "K" CPU's (Means they are Sandy Bridge)--as they have onboard HD2000/HD3000, the HD3000 is what is supported HD2 is not. They are ONLY supported in Lion, impossible at this point to get HD3000 support in Snow Leopard.

3) I have i7 2600 with onboard HD2000. There is currently no possible way to use HD2000 onboard graphics, no matter what the OS it is simply not supported. It will show up as Intel HD Graphics 2000," but won't be HD2000 nor be functional as such. This is why I was crashing in 10.6.8 and 10.7.2 with no graphics card in my MB, and could only boot any OSX installation with "native" resolution (crappy 1024x7).

gman I tried and tried as well, but no support for HD3000 in SL. You must be on Lion. It sounds like you are almost there since your Lion install is working with GraphicsEnabler=No--your only trouble is getting the HD3000 to work. I believe this is done with userDSDT? I am going to switch out for a 2600K CPU and try to do the same thing soon.

I did use userDSDT with the correct dsdt file for my motherboard and bios level F7, ran Multibeast 4.1 after installing 10.7.2 with this and it still doesn't finishing booting unless I do the GraphicsEnabler=No.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back