Graphics
NVIDIA GTX 760
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I have an Intel i7-2600K and I have never been able to overclock with OS X.
I have an aftermarket water cooler and am able to get a stable overclock on Windows.
However, even at 4Ghz, OS X fails to boot.
Any ideas why this is?

Generally I have never had a big issue with overclocking the 2600k. I am always using multbeast with Customise/SSDT/Sandy Bridge Core i7 overclocked ticked '.
Currently I have overclocked my Cpu up to 4.5 Ghz. I managed to get 4.6Ghz on my hack, but Windows has not been stable so I had back to 4.5Ghz. I have been using Award BIOS with Mavericks and now UEFI with Yosamite.
On Maverick I had system definition as MacBookPro(I don't remeber with version) and now on Yosamite iMac14.2

Generally I have never had a big issue with overclocking the 2600k. I am always using multbeast with Customise/SSDT/Sandy Bridge Core i7 overclocked ticked '.
Currently I have overclocked my Cpu up to 4.5 Ghz. I managed to get 4.6Ghz on my hack, but Windows has not been stable so I had back to 4.5Ghz. I have been using Award BIOS with Mavericks and now UEFI with Yosamite.
On Maverick I had system definition as MacBookPro(I don't remeber with version) and now on Yosamite iMac14.2

Thank you for your response. I have a system Def of MacPro (3,1). I am running Yosemite. Do I need to change it to iMac to get this to work? I also have GeneratePStates and GenerateCStates set to Yes in my config. Do I need to change those?
Right now I have the SSDT/Sandy Bridge Core i7 overclocked ticked in Multibeast.

Thank you for your response. I have a system Def of MacPro (3,1). I am running Yosemite. Do I need to change it to iMac to get this to work? I also have GeneratePStates and GenerateCStates set to Yes in my config. Do I need to change those?
Right now I have the SSDT/Sandy Bridge Core i7 overclocked ticked in Multibeast.

I have attached my org.chameleon.Boot screen grab.
According to S. def you can give a try with iMac(but I don't know if it is the solution), and better to be prepared in case of booting issue.
Just FYI - I have never been running my current build as MacPro (3,1).
Good luck.

Attachments

• org.chameleon.Boot.png
    org.chameleon.Boot.png
    196.4 KB · Views: 388
I have attached my org.chameleon.Boot screen grab.
According to S. def you can give a try with iMac(but I don't know if it is the solution), and better to be prepared in case of booting issue.
Just FYI - I have never been running my current build as MacPro (3,1).
Good luck.

Very exciting. I am now overclocking my rig. I do a lot of denoising for video which really taxes the CPU to 100% so this should speed things up.

I did change my rig to iMac system definition and I had to disable "GenerateCStates and GeneratePStates" to get booted in the first time. I have now re-enabled C and P states and it is booting. So that is a little weird.
Right now it is not using kernel cache so I have to figure out how to manually fix the cache.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back