RX 570
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. SE
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I used SuperDuper to backup my OS X partition to another hard disk.

The backup boots using Unibeast.

I then tried installing Chimera to the mbr of the drive on which the backup partition resides. I used Multibeast & standalone installer (latest version) and they both report a successful installation. But..............

When booting the HDD, I'm told 'No Operating System'.

Did I do something stupid?

Did you make sure that the Super Duper copy is 1st in the boot priority list? If so, try manually installing the appropriate files...

Did you make sure that the Super Duper copy is 1st in the boot priority list? If so, try manually installing the appropriate files...

The Hard drive containing the superduper copy is currently the only drive connected. I unplugged the other drives before installing Chimera. The OS X copy is the 1st partition on the drive.

I find bootloaders to be mysterious pieces of software, so I don't do anything 'manually' when installing one. But I smell a learning opportunity......so, which would be the 'appropriate files'?

have u tried using a unibeast usb drive to boot your copy?
and what size is the drive?
if its one of the newer advanced partition types u need to run the boot error script to fix

have u tried using a unibeast usb drive to boot your copy?
and what size is the drive?
if its one of the newer advanced partition types u need to run the boot error script to fix

The Superduper backup boots using Unibeast. I had to use Unibeast to get in there so I could run Chimera installer.

The Hard Drive I am using is more than 4 years old. It is a Western Digital 500GB.

The Hard drive containing the superduper copy is currently the only drive connected. I unplugged the other drives before installing Chimera. The OS X copy is the 1st partition on the drive.

I find bootloaders to be mysterious pieces of software, so I don't do anything 'manually' when installing one. But I smell a learning opportunity......so, which would be the 'appropriate files'?

Use the steps for making a fusion drive, just modify for one drive. Review here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...-drive-using-tonymacx86-tools-chimera-18.html

Essentially,

1. Make a USB with your /Extra folder and the boot, boot0 and boot1h files from the chimera installer (use Pacifist to extract)
2. Boot to UniBeast USB installer as if you were going to do a fresh install, say yes to english (or whatever) and open the terminal from the utilities menu.
3. In terminal...
diskutil list
fdisk -f /Volumes/"USB"/boot0 -u -y /dev/diskX (where X is your drive)
dd if=/Volumes/"USB"/boot1h of=/dev/rdiskXsY (where X is your drive and Y is your the partition where your "HD" is)
diskutil mount diskXsY
cp /Volumes/"USB"/boot /Volumes/"Your HD Name"/
cp -R /Volumes/"USB"/Extra /Volumes/"Your HD Name"/
That should do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back