Contribute
Register

Cannot install 10.6.8 combo update and more... Please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Sabertooth Z77
CPU
Intel i7-2600k
Graphics
nVidia GTX 480
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Alright im rly starting to lose it,

After installing 10.6.3 with iboot from the cd, and i boot in i can boot in successfully (with the whole mac opening video, sound is terrible tho) but when i try booting in again it freezes, no kernal panic or nothing just freezes, so i verbosed and it shows the code just hanging in mid code loading something to with a microphone (maybe voodoo?).

So my next thought was hey why not just install multibeast to help out? So i installed multibeast (tried 10.6 and 10.7 versions) using userdsdt and system utilities and when i try to boot in, chameoleon pops up then... When i hit boot (-x or -f or plain or both) theres a little flash on the screen and the system restarts...

So my last thing to try was to just update to 10.6.8 using the combo update, but... It crashed 90% of the way through, so then im like wait... Dont i need to use update helper? So did update helper, then tried combo update and... Crashes 90% of the way through again...

Motherboard boot options are set to what they should be, hept is 64bit, achi, ect...

All i want is to just get my usb to boot lion so i can install, but this keeps happened and im stuck on what to do.

Anyone have any ideas or can anyone help me out here?

My build:

Intel i7-2600k
Gtx 480
Ga-z68xp-ud3
8gb ram
128gb ssd
All devices are in the 6gb/s ports but i dont think that matters

la traduccion de google no es muy buena.
pero?

usted siguio estos pasos?

instalar updatehelper

luego reiniciar

una vez en el escritorio

instalacion de 10.6.8

a mi me pasava lo ke a vos hasta ke instale y reinicie el equipo, resien hay hay ke instalar el update 10.6.8,saludos.

Never tried doing update helper and restarting... Lemme try that thanks

hay el problema

prueba reiniciar,despues de instalar updatehelper

luego, abrir el instalador de multibeast, y posteriormente el combo update 10.6.8

una vez instalado,no reiniciar y poner sus opciones en multibeast, esperar ke instale,

y reiniciar, espero ke se entienda mejor ke el otro mensaje, saludos

Nope, kernal panic on boot up still :(

Anyone else have any other ideas?

i already had lion on my system, but my wirless wont work on it, and some ppl say it works on 10.6.8 - so install SL.

i created a usb boot device with SL and installed it. went fine. after reboot, i exectuted the 10.6.8 update - then it crashes. booting again is not possible.

so, i installed SL again, and executed the 10.6.8 update again - and crash again.

so, is there a workaround or sth?

tonymacx guide says install combo then multibeast .. so i only tried that option .. would it make sense to run multibeast first? i guess not?
but why does the system keep crashing and ruining my system if i run 10.6.8 update?

now i reinstalled SL, ran multibeast with my dsdt and rebooted, but the machine is not able to boot anymore. hm, this all was easier with lion, so i am going back there unless some has an awesome advice how to fix that. thx

Yep that's pretty much what I'm getting but can't get a lion usb.

well, i got it from my gf, because she has a mbp and i think u can run 5 machines with that licence.

i am sure u know someone who has a mac, just ask that person to download it from the appstore and pay him/her ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back