AMD
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello,
I appreciate some help with installation of OS X Mountain Lion on Dell Latitude E6330 IvyBridge laptop:

Processor: Intel Core i5-3340 with Intel HD Graphics 4000
Chipset: Intel QM77
BIOS: A11
Memory: 8GB
Video BIOS version: 2158v12
Audio Controller: IDT 92HD93

BIOS is set to AHCI and UEFI mode. The USB stick is GPT formated to HFS+J - 1 partition only.

I am installing UEFI Clover from USB created via BaseBinaries clone method from AppStore downloaded Install OS X Mountain Lion.app

When I boot from the USB, It gets to Clover screen with options. I am adding just -v verbose bootflag - the installation stops at printscreen “IMG_2815.jpg”

I guess my USB has the wrong combination of UEFI drivers. See attached screenshots from Clover configurator.
I am using this config.plist: config_HD4000_1366x768.plist

I also have a problem finishing the BaseBinaries clone of the ML.app to the USB stick. I got stuck at this command:
sudo asr restore --source /tmp/install_esd/BaseSystem.dmg --target /Volumes/install_osx -erase --format HFS+ --noprompt

Terminal outputed this error:
Could not unmount volume "/Volumes/install_osx" (Operation timed out)

Thank you for your help.

Attachments

• latitude-e6330-no-install.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 276
Hello,
I appreciate some help with installation of OS X Mountain Lion on Dell Latitude E6330 IvyBridge laptop:

Processor: Intel Core i5-3340 with Intel HD Graphics 4000
Chipset: Intel QM77
BIOS: A11
Memory: 8GB
Video BIOS version: 2158v12
Audio Controller: IDT 92HD93

BIOS is set to AHCI and UEFI mode. The USB stick is GPT formated to HFS+J - 1 partition only.

I am installing UEFI Clover from USB created via BaseBinaries clone method from AppStore downloaded Install OS X Mountain Lion.app

When I boot from the USB, It gets to Clover screen with options. I am adding just -v verbose bootflag - the installation stops at printscreen “IMG_2815.jpg”

I guess my USB has the wrong combination of UEFI drivers. See attached screenshots from Clover configurator.
I am using this config.plist: config_HD4000_1366x768.plist

I also have a problem finishing the BaseBinaries clone of the ML.app to the USB stick. I got stuck at this command:
sudo asr restore --source /tmp/install_esd/BaseSystem.dmg --target /Volumes/install_osx -erase --format HFS+ --noprompt

Terminal outputed this error:
Could not unmount volume "/Volumes/install_osx" (Operation timed out)

Thank you for your help.

"Still waiting for root device" indicates a USB problem.
Use a USB2 stick.
Try all USB ports.

and...
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting"
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

I restored the Mountain Lion InstallESD.dmg via Disk Utility and the installation USB is now working fine. I get into the installer, but cannot move the mouse. The arrows on laptop keyboard work, but the mouse does not.
I enclosed the screenshot and the Efi > Clover folder zipped. Thank you

I restored the Mountain Lion InstallESD.dmg via Disk Utility and the installation USB is now working fine. I get into the installer, but cannot move the mouse. The arrows on laptop keyboard work, but the mouse does not.
I enclosed the screenshot and the Efi > Clover folder zipped. Thank you

Nothing attached.

Altough I preffer the Clover install method, I just created classical Unibeast installation USB (just to see if I can use the USB mouse) and got on with the install. I am stuck at the same Welcome screen - I cannot use the mouse, cannot proceed with Disk Utility and start installation.
I guess I need the proper kext to get my USB mouse working during Mountail Lion installation. Do you have the right kext, to get the USB mouse on Dell Latitude E6330 laptop working? Anyone?

I am sorry, now attaching Clover files as requested with a screenshot.
Thank you.

Why are you not using the trackpad?
Why are your kexts in EFI/Clover/kexts not up-to-date?

If you're trying to use a USB mouse, try with a hub (so your USB stick and USB mouse use the same port).
Or try adding FakePCIID.kext + FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back