CPU
i7-2760qm
Graphics
HD3000 Low-Res
Mac
  1. MacBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I have recently had to re install Mountain lion all because i upgraded to 10.8.3 without reading the page for upgrading. Before the re-install WiFi worked perfectly now it has stopped working completely (WiFi works in windows still and Bluetooth works in both).
My computer says that no WiFi hardware is detected.
Could someone please help me solve this problem

I have recently had to re install Mountain lion all because i upgraded to 10.8.3 without reading the page for upgrading. Before the re-install WiFi worked perfectly now it has stopped working completely (WiFi works in windows still and Bluetooth works in both).
My computer says that no WiFi hardware is detected.
Could someone please help me solve this problem

Did you previously use some kind of patched kext? Or are you using DSDT edits to accomplish device-id/AirPort injection? If the latter, did you re-patch whatever kext you originally patched?

I believe i did have a Kent installed for my wifi card but after i re-installed ml the Kent installed and didn't work at all.
by the way my wifi card is an atheros ar5b195.

I believe i did have a Kent installed for my wifi card but after i re-installed ml the Kent installed and didn't work at all.
by the way my wifi card is an atheros ar5b195.

It is 'kext' -- short for "Kernel Extension"

You should be able to get ar5b195 which is Atheros 9285 WiFi + Atheros 3011 BT (same card we use in ProBook 4x30s) with only a DSDT edit + IOath3kfrmwr.kext to load BT firmware (BT support is limited -- may not work with all your devices).

So, first restore your system IO80211Family.kext to stock...

We use this DSDT patch on the ProBook: https://github.com/RehabMan/HP-ProBook-4x30s-DSDT-Patch/blob/master/08_AR9285.txt

You can apply it with MaciASL, but you should look at your DSDT to be sure your wlan device is named WNIC. If it isn't, you'd have to change the patch as appropriate. Post your DSDT if you're not sure. After DSDT patch, the system should recognize your WiFi as native Airport.

IOath3kfrmwr.kext is available at: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Atheros-3k-Firmware

Thanks So so so so so so much!
U nailed it Rehabman!

@Rehabman

I'm also having difficulty getting the AR5B195 to work with my Z77N - could you possibly assist, I tried with your links which seems to be unavailable - could be due to age.

Any guidance would be appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back