Graphics
GTX 660 Ti
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I'm trying to get Unibeast 1.5.3 to install on a USB drive for a Mountain Lion installation. I downloaded Mountain Lion and formatted a 8GB USB drive as instructed - 1 partition, Mac OS X Extended / Journaled, Master Boot Record. Mountain Lion is in my application folder. When I click install, all I get is Preparing the disk for eternity. First time I let it run all night but it never gets further than preparing the disk. I tried several usb drives but all the same. I re-downloaded ML, same result. I thought it might be an installer conflict, so I closed the ML installer that came up automatically after downloaded ML. Same result. I'm doing this on a ML Macbook Air but also tried it on my Hackitosh GA-x58A-UD3R running Lion, same result. Anyone got any ideas?

I'm trying to bring up a GA-H61N-USB3.

I'm trying to get Unibeast 1.5.3 to install on a USB drive for a Mountain Lion installation. I downloaded Mountain Lion and formatted a 8GB USB drive as instructed - 1 partition, Mac OS X Extended / Journaled, Master Boot Record. Mountain Lion is in my application folder. When I click install, all I get is Preparing the disk for eternity. First time I let it run all night but it never gets further than preparing the disk. I tried several usb drives but all the same. I re-downloaded ML, same result. I thought it might be an installer conflict, so I closed the ML installer that came up automatically after downloaded ML. Same result. I'm doing this on a ML Macbook Air but also tried it on my Hackitosh GA-x58A-UD3R running Lion, same result. Anyone got any ideas?

I'm trying to bring up a GA-H61N-USB3.

I'm having the same problem trying to build the usb drive install. I have been using ML running in a vmware session since i dont have access to a mac but i have purchased other apps and everything works and installs correctly so i dont feel that vmware is the cause of the problem.

Thanks, that may provide me with clue. I tried setting up a Lion USB Install with the same result so there is something with both my machines that prevents the installer from working. I even went back to my Snow Leopard CD and tried to install that on the H67N but the 10.6.8 combo update crashed the installation. I'll post that on another thread. You may have to resort to trying that as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back