Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H
CPU
i7 4770K
Graphics
GTX 650 Ti
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Hi,
I was wondering if any kind individual could help?
I have built a Hackintosh compatible system, but cannot get past the language installer screen, and was wondering if you could help?

My Build in my completed G5 case:

Gigabyte z87xud3h mobo
i7 4770K
Corsair Vengeance 16gb ram
corsair h80i cooler
Gigabyte NVIDIA GTX650Ti 1GB
120 ssd
1tb hdd

Feeling like I am not sure where to go next.

With UniBeast I could not get to the language installer page. During Verbose mode I seen that the log mentions:
Bootcachecontrol problem
power management may be incomplete or unsupported - Unknown cpu model

I have since tried the following boot flags and have got the same result;

-x -v
-x -v GraphicsEnabler=No
-x -v GraphicsEnabler=No npci=0x3000

[Success] Dasdf's Build: Core i7-4770k - GA-Z87X-UD3H - HD4600

Dear rory4881,

I'm sorry to hear you're having problems with installing os x, but I'm quite positive that we can solve your problems since your hardware is (as you said) hackintosh compatible.
My first guess would be, that some of your bios settings are wrong. Normally you shouldn't need any bootflags to boot the installer using unibeast.
My second thought is: Which graphic adapter are you using while installing hd4600 or your GTX? You might try disabling your gtx in bios and using the hd4600 to avoid any issues the gtx produces.

But those are just...let's say educated guesses, because for more I would need the exact output of your install log from verbose mode. So if neither of the advices above work, then please give me/us more details, especially the last lines so that we can see where the installer fails.

good luck :thumbup:

Daniel

P.S. I'm also hoping you're using the latest unibeast, otherwise you might run into problems with haswell support.

Soooo.... The GFX card was the problem.
Had to physically remove it, and everything has been (almost) perfect.
I have since added the card and is all coming up nicely.
15,000 on geekbench.

Only minor issues are Ethernet and usb not providing enough power to charge the iPhone or iPad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back