Graphics
GTX 780
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I boot into the chimera bootloader, select my installation drive, the gray apple screen pops up, but then the installation screen never shows.
My specs:
Ga X79 UP5 wifi
GTX 780 (Have tried with older graphics card, no luck)

Any help is appreciated

Let's keep this as simple as possible and proceed step by step.

I've had this before and found that I had too many drives installed. It's simpler with just the boot stick and the drive you are installing ML on. After turning Time Machine off and shutting down the computer, unplug the SATA cables.

Next, It would be good to see what is going on behind the gray screen. You can type -v during a install.

If you get only a few lines on the screen before it halts, then you have a kernel panic.

If you get through many pages to "DSMOS is waiting" when it halts, then you probably have a BIOS setting wrong. You'll need to research the proper settings.

Let's see.

I booted with boot flag -v, the lines stopped loading at "shutdown logging is enabled"

EDIT, sometimes it ends on "PCI configuration begin"

It would be helpful if you posted a picture. What you describe (shutdown logging is enabled) is normal. Nor is necessarily the last line the cause. A lot of functions are going on in the computer in parallel.

Research your board for the correct BIOS settings. Is your BIOS upgraded to the highest non-beta? Since you don't have on-board graphics, then you must set Init Display First=PEG or PCI, depending on which card slots you are in. Check in your motherboard manual. Also, insure that the Boot priority Option #1 is the disk you want to boot into, not the optical drive.

Then, we can move onto the joys of MultiBeast. You don't feel that far way from booting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back