CPU
Core i3 3225 || Core i3 2.1Ghz
Graphics
HD4000 || HD3000
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
New install of 10.10.5 on a 6570b. Followed nguyenmac's guide to install Yosemite with Clover on a probook:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-proboo...-install-yosemite-hp-laptops-clover-uefi.html.

Updated BIOS to latest version, upgraded memory to 16Gb.

Included wifi card was not compatible - following install, no wifi connection present, as expected. Picked up a Dell DW1520 which should be Broadcom 4322 based card.

Re-ran probook installer and selected to install Support kexts for Business model 6570b. Rebooted, and could them see a WiFi device in NETWORK, however, when I try and enable the device by hitting TURN WIFI ON, it won't actually finish the process. WiFi diagnostics gives red errors at each of first three stages:

Screen grabs of system specs:

Does this machine have a WiFi whitelist in the Bios, like its predecessor the 6560b? Or is the problem due to something else?

Re-ran probook installer and selected to install Support kexts for Business model 6570b. Rebooted, and could them see a WiFi device in NETWORK, however, when I try and enable the device by hitting TURN WIFI ON, it won't actually finish the process.

Make sure the device is on. Press the dedicated button on your keyboard deck.

Test the device on Windows to be certain it is working.

RehabMan said:
Make sure the device is on. Press the dedicated button on your keyboard deck.
Button stays orange, does not change color when pressed.

Test the device on Windows to be certain it is working.
Duh! Should have thought of this. Laptop is now in Ohio, will connect remotely tomorrow. Thanks for the speedy response!

Yes -- ignore the LED -- it does not reflect the true state of power to the radio.

Duh! Should have thought of this. Laptop is now in Ohio, will connect remotely tomorrow. Thanks for the speedy response!

Hi jw2k_fr,

Have you fixed the issue with your Wifi card? I have the similar problem like you but my Wifi first working OKabout 5-10 minutes after booting the laptop (HP Probook 4440S). Then the wifi card is turned off and I can't turn it on again even shutdown completely the laptop or wait a few minutes before turning it on. But the next day, the Wifi card will work for a few minutes before it stops working. I bought a few BCM43225 cards but all have the same behavior so I don't think it is the card problem. Maybe it is mainboard issue or OS (Yosemite).

Hi jw2k_fr,

Have you fixed the issue with your Wifi card? I have the similar problem like you but my Wifi first working OKabout 5-10 minutes after booting the laptop (HP Probook 4440S). Then the wifi card is turned off and I can't turn it on again even shutdown completely the laptop or wait a few minutes before turning it on. But the next day, the Wifi card will work for a few minutes before it stops working. I bought a few BCM43225 cards but all have the same behavior so I don't think it is the card problem. Maybe it is mainboard issue or OS (Yosemite).

Make sure your BIOS is up-to-date and ACPI is recently extracted/patched since that BIOS update.

--

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

Mobo: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
Mobo: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Hi RehabMan,

I have no problem with the WiFi Card since last year with the existing BIOS on both Maverick and Yosemite. This problem just happens recently and I thought the WiFI card has problem so I buy 2 others but it doesn't fix the issue even though I boot with the old backup Maverick partition.

Hi RehabMan,

I have no problem with the WiFi Card since last year with the existing BIOS on both Maverick and Yosemite. This problem just happens recently and I thought the WiFI card has problem so I buy 2 others but it doesn't fix the issue even though I boot with the old backup Maverick partition.

Test the WiFi card on Windows.

Hi jw2k_fr,

Hello,

I´m with the same problem, did you solve your issue?
I have a BXi5H-4200 with a BCM4352 wifi card

best regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back