Contribute
Register

Cannot connect iPhone? (& others)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ran the Kext Utility. Redownloaded iTunes 9.2 (after deleting it). Plugged in iPhone. Still no dice.

*sigh*

Finally got an error, at least:
iTunes could not connect to the iPhone because of an unknown error occurred (0xE8000065)

edit: Entered DFU mode and am currently restoring (even though none of my apps are backed up on Mac). So we'll see. Stuck in recovery mode. FML

The problem I see is that the AppleMobileDevice.kext is not running. Ever. And there's no way to get it to run?

I've reinstalled iTunes 9.2 four times now.

Hello All :)

Yep - got the VERY same issue. Everything works fine. All USB ports work. No problem with Keyoards, Mice and external hard drives (which btw use a lot of power so if the issue were power related then the HDD wouldnt work)

Anyway, the iPhone wont detect or charge and my MS webcam wont appear either. Other than that, all is good.

I tried the KEXT UTILITY suggestion but made no difference. :?

Any suggestions anyone? :?:

uRabbit, have you been able to resolve this?

Cheers

I'm on 10.6.3 and couldnt get my iphone to sync even after removing the iousb Family kext.
Was driving me nuts - but then I saw that apples software update had an "Iphone compatibility fix" (or something like that)
I installed it and now I'm syncing! Yeay

Chris :D

Hello Chris

Yep. Tried that. I have updated to the latest (10.6.4) and still nothing. It doesn't even detect the phone at all - no charging even.

Cheers

Thanks for the reply

I had problems with iPhone until I used the 10.6.2-IOUSBFamilyInstaller which fixed my issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back