Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey guys. Successful install. Everything seems to be working. However, I have come across two problems:

1) I cannot connect my iPhone 3GS. Doesn't charge, iTunes doesn't recognize it, System Profiler doesn't recognize it, etc. Ports work fine. I ever have an external USB HDD connected that works 100%.

2) I cannot install The Sims 3. I am not sure if this is Hackintosh-related or not, so I figured I'd post it here (have put a ticket in at TS3.com and the forums). When in the installer, I enter my registration code, but it is grayed-out. I have played it on my XP system (on same comp) just fine since TS3 was released.

1) Obviously a USB issue. Try a USB hub. Could be a case of "not enough power" going through the coaxial.

2) Have you tested if Quartz is working on your new install?
Are you sure the Sims 3 is a actual hybrid disk? <--- Sorry if that was a stupid question (as I don't play games).

I had to remove IOUSBfamily.kext to get my iPod Touch connected.

Meomy said:
1) Obviously a USB issue. Try a USB hub. Could be a case of "not enough power" going through the coaxial.

2) Have you tested if Quartz is working on your new install?
Are you sure the Sims 3 is a actual hybrid disk? <--- Sorry if that was a stupid question (as I don't play games).

1) Not a hardware issue, as it syncs fine in XP (on the same hard drive).

2) I am not sure what Quartz is... And yes, it is a hybrid disc. Says so on disc, box, and when it is in the drive, it can be opened (with pretty little graphics in the window), and the installer opens, etc., etc.

mtx, How do I do that?

Okay, I removed the IOUSBfamily.kext. Now the phone charges when connected, but iTunes still does not recognize it. It is, however, recognized under USB High-Speed Bus in System Profiler.

Got The Sims 3 installed. However, upload launch of the game, there is no visual. I installed NVenabled via MultiBeast. Still no video. But there is sound. And if I try to force quit, it stops the sound, but leaves the screen blank, forcing a hard reset.

Still nothing working for the iPhone...

I got the iphone working :headbang: I first launched removed the iousbfamily files from extra and extensions which killed usb which then made me use my iphone and air server to copy and paste them back (thank God I backed them up) I think all I really had to do is run kext utility and restart then I went to apple.com/itunes and downloaded and installed 9.2 itunes it launched an my iPhone was there... hope this helps! I would NOT recommend deleting the iousbfamily kext... kind of a pain... good luck :thumbup:

disisalldayhad said:
I got the iphone working :headbang: I first launched removed the iousbfamily files from extra and extensions which killed usb which then made me use my iphone and air server to copy and paste them back (thank God I backed them up) I think all I really had to do is run kext utility and restart then I went to apple.com/itunes and downloaded and installed 9.2 itunes it launched an my iPhone was there... hope this helps! I would NOT recommend deleting the iousbfamily kext... kind of a pain... good luck :thumbup:

Could you be a little more specific? Step-by-step?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back