Graphics
HD5770
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I'm having trouble booting without having My UniBeast Jump drive in I have used the latest Bootloader to try to boot with. i'm Currently running 10.8 My Hardware Is Asus P8Z68 Deluxe/GEN3 (running patched bios), Intel Core i7 2600k Stock Clocked, XFX Radeon HD 5770, & a OCZ Petrol Sata III Boot SSD... I used EasyBeast when running Multibeast and then added the proper Kexts, My audio is the only thing that does not work other than the boot loader. The Following setting in Multibeast are what I used. Where did I go wrong?
Screen Shot 2012-08-14 at 8.13.10 PM.jpgScreen Shot 2012-08-14 at 8.13.39 PM.jpg

I am having a similar issue - cannot boot without the Unibeast USB.

Running a Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UP5 TH mobo, Intel i7 3770, Radeon HD 7850, and a WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD.

I chose all Multibeast settings as they were mapped out in the tonymacx86 tutorial (the second option for DSDT-free/Ivy Bridge/Intel ethernet)

I also couldn't get Unibeast to run without inputting the "GraphicsEnabler=No" flag.

Any ideas what I can do to get this thing to boot???

I am having a similar issue - cannot boot without the Unibeast USB.

Running a Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UP5 TH mobo, Intel i7 3770, Radeon HD 7850, and a WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD.

I chose all Multibeast settings as they were mapped out in the tonymacx86 tutorial (the second option for DSDT-free/Ivy Bridge/Intel ethernet)

I also couldn't get Unibeast to run without inputting the "GraphicsEnabler=No" flag.

Any ideas what I can do to get this thing to boot???
I'd first remove the unsupported 7850 and use onboard graphics until you get the box up and running properly. Boot to USB, chose the hd you installed to, run MB and select FakeSMC and bootloader, remove the usb drive and reboot...

I'm having trouble booting without having My UniBeast Jump drive in I have used the latest Bootloader to try to boot with. i'm Currently running 10.8 My Hardware Is Asus P8Z68 Deluxe/GEN3 (running patched bios), Intel Core i7 2600k Stock Clocked, XFX Radeon HD 5770, & a OCZ Petrol Sata III Boot SSD... I used EasyBeast when running Multibeast and then added the proper Kexts, My audio is the only thing that does not work other than the boot loader. The Following setting in Multibeast are what I used. Where did I go wrong?
View attachment 28047View attachment 28048

Im having a similar issue, and similar spec setup.

on start up im getting stuck on White apple screen with loading icon.
though this issue only became prescent after running multibeast (attached)
Prior to MB i was booting using flag - PCIRootUID=0
and i had dual monitors working nicely
now i have to boot safe mode using USB as i seem to have stuffed the MB side of things. :(

Attachments

• Multibeast Screen Shot 2012-08-15 at 11.11.51 AM.png
    Multibeast Screen Shot 2012-08-15 at 11.11.51 AM.png
    134.5 KB · Views: 189
Also note i am running Patched BIOS. so i wasn't to sure which settings in MB were not needed due to the Patch

I'd first remove the unsupported 7850 and use onboard graphics until you get the box up and running properly. Boot to USB, chose the hd you installed to, run MB and select FakeSMC and bootloader, remove the usb drive and reboot...

1) I guess I should have checked which cards worked before I bought my hardware... so will this card not work at all with my build? Even after I get it to start successfully booting? Any ideas when/if the 7 series cards will be supported?

2) I took the card out and tried to boot. I got to the tonymac screen and the boot initialized - went to a gray screen with the Apple logo and the circling dashes loading icon. Then, nothing - my display slept and nothing else appeared (hooked up thru HDMI port on rear I/O).

Sorry if this is basic troubleshooting, but I am new at this and really want this to start working for me!

1) I guess I should have checked which cards worked before I bought my hardware... so will this card not work at all with my build? Even after I get it to start successfully booting? Any ideas when/if the 7 series cards will be supported?

2) I took the card out and tried to boot. I got to the tonymac screen and the boot initialized - went to a gray screen with the Apple logo and the circling dashes loading icon. Then, nothing - my display slept and nothing else appeared (hooked up thru HDMI port on rear I/O).

Sorry if this is basic troubleshooting, but I am new at this and really want this to start working for me!

Hey Mate

If you have DVI i would try using that at first to get everything running.

with the grey apple screen you may need to play with some flags at the boot selection screen, im not sure what you would use for on board graphics but maybe -GraphicsEnabler=Off

i had to use PCIRootUID=0 but i am using graphics cards.

hope that helps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back