Contribute
Register

Cannot boot without iBoot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did any one find a solution to this problem?

THX

I also have the same issue. I have a DELL Studio 1558 with below configurations:
Intel Core i5-520M 2.40GHz (2.93Ghz Turbo Mode, 3M cache)
4GB Shared Dual Channel DDR3 at 1066MHz
Intel Graphics Media Accelerator HD
500GB 7200 RPM SATA Hard Disk Drive
Dell Wireless 1520 802.11n Half Mini Card

Snow Leopard installation went through successfully. The moment I update to 10.6.8 and run MultiBeast, it's neither booting from hard drive nor booting from iBoot. Just hanging on the Apple Screen with that spinning circle.

I really don't understand what's wrong. 10.6.3 is getting installed, that means my hardware supports and configurations is fine. But the combo update is replacing some files and it's not booting from there.

Would really appreciate if anyone could help.

pmanasranjan said:
I also have the same issue. I have a DELL Studio 1558 with below configurations:
Intel Core i5-520M 2.40GHz (2.93Ghz Turbo Mode, 3M cache)
4GB Shared Dual Channel DDR3 at 1066MHz
Intel Graphics Media Accelerator HD
500GB 7200 RPM SATA Hard Disk Drive
Dell Wireless 1520 802.11n Half Mini Card

Snow Leopard installation went through successfully. The moment I update to 10.6.8 and run MultiBeast, it's neither booting from hard drive nor booting from iBoot. Just hanging on the Apple Screen with that spinning circle.

I really don't understand what's wrong. 10.6.3 is getting installed, that means my hardware supports and configurations is fine. But the combo update is replacing some files and it's not booting from there.

Would really appreciate if anyone could help.

I came to see this msg from verbose mode:
ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin:StartForReal - waitForService(resourceMatching(AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement)) Timed out

Then I installed FakeSMC from MultiBeast. Now I see following msg:
* launchctl: Please convert the following to launchd: /etc/mach_init.d/dashboardadvisoryd.plist
* Refusing new kext com.apple.iokit.IOACPIFamily, v1.3: a loaded copy with a different executable UUID is already present (Keeps repeating)
* Refusing new kext com.apple.iokit.IOACPIFamily, v2.6.5: a loaded copy with a different executable UUID is already present (Keeps repeating)
* DSMOS has arrived

That's it. After that it hangs..

Yes, there is no 10.6.7 retail DVD. DVD comes with 10.6.3 version. I installed with this version successfully. But getting stuck after updating to 10.6.8. I also tried updating with 10.6.6, but in middle of installation I am getting Kernel Panic message. 10.6.8 update getting through successfully, but I am not able to boot neither from hard drive not from my iBoot disk. I am stuck. I have been trying and playing around with various options suggested from this forum, but so far no luck. My goal is to install Lion. But I don't see any way to do it.

refer to my post name the same as your except mine is solved. try the 10.6.8 update. Worked perfectly with dsdt. did normal iboot + multi beast and it worked. Sounds easy but worked for me. Good luck

Thanks!! I looked into your post.
I guess mine is not 2nd generation, so I don't have to run the Update Helper for sandy bridge users. Even though I tried with it. The only other step I did not do is instead of running System Utilities, I selected Kext Utility. I guess it does the same i.e. rebuild the cache and permissions. However I will try with System Utilities.

Also I don't have the DSDT.aml. Is that a custom one which you created? Not sure how can I do that. So I selected EasyBeast.

pmanasranjan said:
Thanks!! I looked into your post.
I guess mine is not 2nd generation, so I don't have to run the Update Helper for sandy bridge users. Even though I tried with it. The only other step I did not do is instead of running System Utilities, I selected Kext Utility. I guess it does the same i.e. rebuild the cache and permissions. However I will try with System Utilities.

Also I don't have the DSDT.aml. Is that a custom one which you created? Not sure how can I do that. So I selected EasyBeast.
If you installing something with Multibeast, you always have to select System Utilities too. It appears on every selecting in the lower windowpane as a description.

Kext Utility is just an App and do rebuilding kernelcaches when you run it explicitly, but Kext Utility don't repair the permissions on your HD

Solution was simpler than expected. I was trying to install 10.6.7 first. Instead install retail SL, run Update Helper, then run 10.6.8 and eventually MultiBeast. I still can't run Lion on this machine though, it gets stuck on the metal background screen. No welcome screen, no select language screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back